Took front brake lever off for a couple weeks now my front brake is useless.

My friend broke his front brake lever, so I took it off my '09 YZ250F and let him use it. It was off of my bike for maybe a month or so. I put the brake lever back on and now it's almost useless.

I bled my brakes and tried the old squeezing the brakes over night and nothing helps. 

Could the fact that my brake lever was off for several weeks be the cause of this issue?

Will do and will update on this tomorrow.

I just realized my fork seal has leaked too, could that be the culprit?

when you say your brake does not work do you mean the lever cones into the bars and the pads do not close up on the rotor much? Which would indicate air in the line or low fkuid, neither of which I believe would be caused by having just the lever off for any length of time. If however you meant that when you pull on the lever the pads close up on the disc but don"t provide much stopping then it is probable that you fork oil has run down and soaked you pads, you won't get much stopping it that is the case. Time to clean or replace seals and then put in new pads, you can burn the oil out of pads with a gas torch if you have acces to ine.

when you say your brake does not work do you mean the lever cones into the bars and the pads do not close up on the rotor much? Which would indicate air in the line or low fkuid, neither of which I believe would be caused by having just the lever off for any length of time. If however you meant that when you pull on the lever the pads close up on the disc but don"t provide much stopping then it is probable that you fork oil has run down and soaked you pads, you won't get much stopping it that is the case. Time to clean or replace seals and then put in new pads, you can burn the oil out of pads with a gas torch if you have acces to ine.

When I pull the lever it feels fine, the stopping power is not there and it is GREATLY reduced.

Def gotta be leaking onto your brake pads. Pull your wheel off, pull your pads and get yourself some cans of brake cleaner. Try cleaning your fork seals before replacing them. May be something simple but you def don't want them leaking on your pads again.

I'll try the old tear off trick. I only have about 15 rides with these fork seals.

I didn't realize that the leaking oil could be absorbed in the pads and the rotor.