DEP steel, nickel, and armored enduro pipes

I've been seriously considering buying a DEP pipe for racing GNCC and local hare scramble type races. The bike is a 05' YZ250 and the pipe I'm presently running is a FMF Gnarly with a stock silencer. The combo works really well until a WFO field section where you need more top end. Almost everything I've seen and read about the DEP pipe says that they increase power everywhere, which seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. (Gnarly like bottom end with top end power too) Any opinions?

Also, there seems to be three different pipes available... nickel, steel, and armored enduro. Does anybody know if they're different dimensions and power curves or just the finish and thickness is different. Any help would be appreciated. The DEP site doesn't have much more than a picture and price listed.

Not sure about calling them. Don't remember seeing a number on the site. Will have to check.

The bike just falls flat on power in the upper rpms where other bikes are still gaining power. You have to short shift every gear to stay "on the pipe". It's great that way in the tight stuff. As for the gearing problem, I agree. I have that too. Actually, I split the cases this evening to put a YZ426 trans in it this evening to take care of that. Gonna put the Gnarly back on after the gear change just to try it. It may work better with the taller 4th and 5th. I'm not expecting miracles though and would like to have a backup plan. DEP seems to be it if someone can tell me the differences between the available pipes.

As for the prices they were on the site I believe it was DEP America.

Sorry, I had that WAY wrong (sleep does wonders for the brain, lol). It's www.deppipesusa.com and there IS a phone number to contact them. If I find out anything in the next few days I'll be sure to post it. Thanks for the input everybody.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...