YZ250 or YZ450F

I'm currently riding a 1998 YZ125, this is my first dirt bike that I bought in the beginning of this past summer...I don't want to say I'm the best rider but I'm certainly not the worst, probably above the average beginner...I'm a quick learner plus i had a yfz450r quad for the past 2 years...Well my question is I want to move up onto a newer, bigger more powerful bike. I'm 5'10 and I Weigh about 210lbs probably closer to 225-230 with gear on and I can feel where the 125 lacks sometimes.  Well this past weekend, I rode a 09' kx450f the other day it was fast as hell and it felt so good riding a bigger bike however I don't want to buy a bike that I can't learn to control so thats why I was thinking of a 250 2-stroke. Some considerations:

1. I'm looking into a new 2015 yz450f, I like the yamahas and plan on sticking with them. 

2. I'm a huge 2 stroke fan, the thrill the sound everything but I love the broad power of the four strokes.

3. I'm not worried about maintenance because I take good care of my stuff so either way both bikes will receive excellent treatment. 

4. If i were to buy a 250 2 stroke then I would probably by an 05 and up yz, used.

5. I don't have much fear, so buying a bigger bike won't intimidate me in becoming a better rider. 

6. I've ridden a 250 2-stroke but it was a piece of crap so I didn't get a good chance to really appreciate a 2 stroke of that size.

7. I do jump and occasionally go to tracks, i also ride in sand pits a lot...I do some bit of trail riding but only to get from one place to another really. 

Any info, tips, advice would be appreciated. 

Either one. They are different animals. I personally think the 450 is easier to ride.

Yeah, I kind've figured that...how about the weight difference..will I noticeably feel it in the corners in comparison between the two?

Both are great bikes. I prefer 4 strokes for the broader powerband and sheer power. A 450 will tract much better in sand pits for sure. Being that you ride a 125 you might like the 250 better. I'd get a kx over a yz for a 450 though. I really don't think you'd regret a 450, they are amazing for fast sections, whoops, and jumps. The only advantage the 250 has is lighter weight, easier maneuvering, and better for tight riding like woods.

Edited by wadzi90

Yeah, I kind've figured that...how about the weight difference..will I noticeably feel it in the corners in comparison between the two?

oh yeah it is more than just weight. Thumper will feel heavy going into corners but will track well and rocket out after you get it turned. The smoker will be easy to come in hot and turn but difficult to control and keep straight on exit. Just trade offs really. I have always felt more comfortable on a four stroke. They are more predictable but the two stroke has benefits for sure. Seat time on either will get you used to it and you will be about the same speed either way. Really just comes down to your riding style and what fits better.