There's nothing about Wiseco cranks that is good.  I've seen them broken off between the main bearing and the crank wheel. 

The metallurgy is garbage, the machining and surface finishing is questionable, and the quality control is nonexistent.  Some of them work, far too many of them do not.  One guy in the KX forum put on in his kid's bike that ran for about 20 hours before it blew up going over a table top.  Kid got hurt, broke the frame on the bike.  He got it warrantied, they sent him another crank and it blew chunks in less than five hours.  Bottom end bearing came apart.

Hot Rods have been good for me.  I have seen others have problems with this but not anywhere near as many as Wiseco.  Last two cranks I've rebuilt with Pro-X rod kits and they have been good.  Hot Rods used to be made in Taiwan but as of a couple years ago they say they're making them in the US again.  Chinese cranks are a very bad idea.

• Like 2

Display purposes only.

Reminds me of the warning on the last Hot Rods box I got.  Not for aircraft usage.  Kind of an implied warning about quality.  Not good enough for an aircraft.  In my opinion, not good enough for an MX bike either.  That was one of the older made in Taiwan cranks though.

1 hour ago, turbo dan said:

Display purposes only.

Reminds me of the warning on the last Hot Rods box I got.  Not for aircraft usage.  Kind of an implied warning about quality.  Not good enough for an aircraft.  In my opinion, not good enough for an MX bike either.  That was one of the older made in Taiwan cranks though.

Should be fine as long as you don't jump the bike. Keep it grounded.

3 hours ago, Bruce Martens said:

The only part bad about the wiseco cranks is the rod as far as I can see, and wiseco owns proX so idk bout that.

Prox stuff is made in Japan . Use them your bike will rip 🏁🏁

20180904_193224.jpg

20180904_105536.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, turbo dan said:

Display purposes only.

Just using a caged small end bearings make's it not suitable for flying.