General Mn chit-chat

I don't want to clog up other threads with my ramblings about nothing so maybe I (everyone) could do it here? You could just post what you're up to or projects you're doing etc etc.

I finally got enough room in the garage to get my bike in. First thing i wanted to do was see what clutch i had and get the oils changed and give it a better once over.

Edited by over rev

Ok well for some reason I can't go back and put a pic in the first post so......📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1416698258.384554.jpg

Your pick just gave me an idea of how to store some of my bikes.  I'm going to make a shelf to stack the kids moto bikes up against the wall.   Screw a 4x4 up against the wall, rest both wheels on a 4x4 and strap the handlebars to the wall.  The bikes will hang out a little but getting them off the floor would give me some more room.  I need to make more room.  We're looking to add a ttr90 to the stable.

I'm up to my eyeballs in a project to get my 2001 wr250f motor into my 2008 yz250f frame.  Some of the motor mounts need machining.  I've disassembled top ends and the WR is not as good of shape as I thought.  I'm sending out the ported 2008 head to get the valve seats cut.  I need a new cylinder and piston, maybe a big bore is in the future.  Well it's winter and both motors are at work.  I also need to winterize the kids bikes.  Man, I've got so many projects that need to get done.  I'd like to go ice fishing.

And Why is that Honda in the "Snowmobile Parking Only" space???

Edited by toadl
  • Like 2

lol, wow. sounds just like me! I have so many things going on it's sick.

here is what i had to store two sleds back when i had two machines. I screwed a piece of angle iron to the wall and used part of something else as a ramp/platform. I just pulled the sled up the ramp with a come-along attached to the wall, then cranked the rear up to be level. ya have to get creative when you're as compulsive as i am, lol

• Like 2

I've been thinking it would be fun to have a trials bike, work on some skills.  An electric one would be awesome in the city.  I found this link in the trials section.  At the bottom of the page it gives examples of the different levels  of competition.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1082818-trials-training-tutorials-beginner-to-advanced/

I tried to put the Gasser in the basement yesterday.

It ended with the bike wedged in the side door trying to make the turn to the downstairs staircase.  And then I spent some time struggling to get it back out.  Fun.  So apart it comes in the garage.  

Speaking of trials, do you guys watch this series?  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAvmhgP0h1AEKY8vTEJPJg

It ended with the bike wedged in the side door trying to make the turn to the downstairs staircase.  And then I spent some time struggling to get it back out.  Fun.  So apart it comes in the garage.  

Subframe, wheels, and forks and it should get down the basement pretty easy.

I watch that video mid summer.  I practice the balancing and turning with the wr and license plate in the alley.  I probably looked funny, but I know my balanced improved over the summer.  I definitely noticed an improvement in the Black Hills doing hill climbs and tight turns.

I been plugging away on the 'ol new to me X. I got the oil/trans drained. i'm waiting for a boyesen clutch cover before i fill the trans. I got my air filter out for cleaning ( ridiculously tight fit, just about ruined it getting it out) and repacked my muffler, still louder than i'd like which is unfortunate as it's only going to get louder. I took apart the clutch, everything looks good. 

I still want to instal my new rear spring and grease the linkage. I'm going to hold off on the forks as they will need more attention, should check the valves too. 

it's a lot of dickering and the cost is adding up.. It sux not haveing even ridden it yet, I don't even know if i'll like the bike or be able to ride it the way i think i can.  :(

Edited by over rev

A buddy of mine used to put his bike in the basement. He replaced the bars with a short piece of conduit then mounted everything to it. Made it thru the door way no problem, but it was a two man job!

• Like 1

Width isn't really the problem, it's the length trying to make it through the door and around a corner immediately.  I've got plenty of time off next week and not much for plans.  I'll start working on it Wednesday most likely and finish getting the basement in order as my winter workshop.  

Width isn't really the problem, it's the length trying to make it through the door and around a corner immediately.  I've got plenty of time off next week and not much for plans.  I'll start working on it Wednesday most likely and finish getting the basement in order as my winter workshop.  

Oh that's easy, just do one of those Enduro-Cross wheelie pivot turns like Taddy!

• Like 1

i've been kicking around the idea of going over to cedar lake sometime this winter. Problem is completely out of shape and at nearly 300lbs... and no riding experience since the 90's + riding my enduro bike i've affectionately named my "CB750", i'm very apprehensive. I did see an inspirational video on you tubes.. it gave me some hope. it was titled cedar lake old mans class.  ?

Sweet. Whenever I used to trail ride, I always high five branches and leaves pretending they were fans cheering me on. I kick weeds and pretend it's Suzuki riders I've just passed. You can't make that crap up boys. I just did this riding with my boy a couple weeks ago. He asked me what I was doing, I said never mind. As in my world I was hauling ass and handing out high fives. And yes I am going to be 42 in a few months.

Edited by over rev
  • Like 1