over rev

Minnesota
General Mn chit-chat

2,606 posts in this topic

i've been playing a trials game on ipad. kinda entertaining, even though i dont understand it. called trials frontier. it keeps telling me i can race friends if i connect, any players?

deener, I'm kind of behind the times here, your new bike you're speaking of - KTM 200?  Brand new or used? And why don't you like it?...JK

Your comments instantly reminded me of 1 bike I had that steered like that.  You'd have to do something REALLY dumb to lose the front wheel.

It was a....Maico 400.  If the trails weren't too rough, (remember, suspension back then wasn't so good), you felt invincible. I haven't had a bike since then that made me feel that way.

1 person likes this

Over rev I think I have that game. I'll double check when I get home.

Motoxvet I was just talking to a buddy about his old maico...

It was a good handling bike ... A f'n TANK ... But handled well :-)

Tank? As in heavy?  I don't remember that but there wasn't much for excess fat on the bike although the fenders and tank were fiberglass...HEAVY fiberglass.  I suspect they were heavier than steel.

I recently heard this....The typical American gains an average of 1 pound per year past the age of 35.  After thinking about that statement and doing the math in my head - It's right on the button for me. So, how do you reverse that trend?  I'm working on figuring that out.

I'm 35 and have lost 55lbs this year. I started the 5 lbs a year at 25. I feel as good as I did at 25 except it takes longer to get moving in the morning. And it really sucks not having frozen pizza and cold cereal for dinner. On the bright side I can tie my shoes standing up and breathe at the same time. 30lbs more to go hopefully by next spring riding season.

I heard somewhere that losing ten pounds is like adding another horsepower to your bike.....

1 person likes this

And now you got me thinking about it . I added about 10#'s from 30 to 40...

I wasn't happy with me at 30 though.

I'd be much happier about 5#'s less than I am now but with a much lower bmi :-) unfortunately I like to eat :-) ALOT.

Side note ... Deener I'm actually typing this from your "hood" :-)

1 person likes this

Oh yea I quit smoking this year also. 73 days smoke free and no plans to start again. I feel much better but I have added a few pounds because of it... Finally got a buddy to goto the gym with again so we'll see I might be able to attain my goal by race season IF I can eat better ... It's really hard to train off the stuff I eat ... I know this cause I've been trying to do it for about 20 years :)

3 people like this

deener, I'm kind of behind the times here, your new bike you're speaking of - KTM 200? Brand new or used? And why don't you like it?...JK

Haha, you felt the biasy in my little ride report eh? I picked up an 04 KTM 200exc that has been worked over pretty well. The PO spent the past few years building it from the ground up to race enduros, but never got to. This thing is showroom clean. Well, WAS showroom clean haha.

1 person likes this

Side note ... Deener I'm actually typing this from your "hood" :-)

Well swing over, you can take the katoom for a spin!

Over rev ... My username is panthony240

is that your uplay name? it says uplay or facebook are the possible contacts. i created a uplay name.. over_rev

The off season officially begins.  Tore subframe, swingarm, forks and tank off on Friday and TIG'd up the cracked brake pedal mount.  You can see I didn't bother cleaning the bike after the last ride.  Cleaning and full dismantling starting this week.  Already finding things to nickel and dime me.  Steering head bearings are shot.  Was surprised how notchy they are when they showed no indication of that through the bars.  

gasgas_nov14_001.jpg

gasgas_nov14_002.jpg

2 people like this

Yea it's my uplay user.

I added you

I'm spending today cleaning out the garage ... Too much "stuff" (aka bikes and parts ) in here to not have some semblance of order ...

Since this is general Chit Chat, I thought I'd mention I took two of my kids to lake Harriet in MPLS to go ice fishing yesterday.  I thought it should be okay because last weekend my friend took his ATV out fishing, and if you haven't noticed, it's been cold.  Lake Harriet was basically wide open, no ice.  There was a guy fishing from shore.

We went to lake Nakomis and caught a few small fish, not the monster walleye I was hoping to catch at Harriet.  Anyways, fish are in the fridge.

1 person likes this

The off season officially begins. Tore subframe, swingarm, forks and tank off on Friday and TIG'd up the cracked brake pedal mount. You can see I didn't bother cleaning the bike after the last ride. Cleaning and full dismantling starting this week. Already finding things to nickel and dime me. Steering head bearings are shot. Was surprised how notchy they are when they showed no indication of that through the bars.

So what are the plans? New and improved everything?

Since this is general Chit Chat, I thought I'd mention I took two of my kids to lake Harriet in MPLS to go ice fishing yesterday. I thought it should be okay because last weekend my friend took his ATV out fishing, and if you haven't noticed, it's been cold. Lake Harriet was basically wide open, no ice. There was a guy fishing from shore.

We went to lake Nakomis and caught a few small fish, not the monster walleye I was hoping to catch at Harriet. Anyways, fish are in the fridge.

Kids landed some fish anyhow, right? My favorite with kids, especially in the boat, is finding a long ridge and a sandy bottom, loaded with lily pads. Drop the anchor and throw the line right at the edge of the lily pads, kids will pull crappies and sunnies out all afternoon about as fast as you can pull the hooks out lol. Lily pads are hard to see in the winter though hehe.

Heard reports of a wheelhouse going in down by Willmar the other day.