chip/cracked reed, how does this happen?

I concur, these guys are spot on.  Reeds are a maintenance item.  You haven't noticed any performance issues because they are still sealing where they need to.  When the cracks and chunks get a little bigger they will stop sealing as designed and you definitely will notice performance issues at that point.  

My 84 yr old grandpa can ride a 4 stroke, takes a real man to ride the 2 stroke.

?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1416867648.520946.jpg

4 lifeee

Your 84 grandpa is a wise man.He needs power instant without sleeping the clutch,wheel spin when not neded,or wait for the "vtec" power buildup.And he is also a strong man,not considering a light bike is needed.

2 stroke takes trained fingers to slip the clutch,when a 4 stroke keeps going :cheers:

It is where you ride the bike and the terrain that makes choosing the engine in my oppinion.

Edited by pasbogdan

Your 84 grandpa is a wise man.He needs power instant without sleeping the clutch,wheel spin when not neded,or wait for the "vtec" power buildup.And he is also a strong man,not considering a light bike is needed.

2 stroke takes trained fingers to slip the clutch,when a 4 stroke keeps going :cheers:

It is where you ride the bike and the terrain that makes choosing the engine in my oppinion.

Makes sense, guess that's why they put restrictions on them on the track?

Why is it that most all erzberg riders etc, ride 2 strokes?.....

We are not answering to man's tech problem.Bikes are not made only for track.

For example:

That is the most of what we use our bikes here.I am not trying to prove anything.Bikes are choosen considering terrain you use them on.

Sorry for jacking the thread.

Regards,

I think I said exactly that...

I already gave him a response on his tech "issue" it is solved.

Bought a brand new yz125 in 2003 have never changed the reeds and I can still pull faster laps then my 250f....

Keep in mind the OP shows carbon reeds. They don't last as long as the OEM reeds that come on the Japanese bikes from what I've noticed. Carbon fiber reeds get brittle after a while and start to break up just like he showed.

• Like 1