HUSQVARNA ITALY FACTORY look what happened while we're sleeping

smart move those older series twin cam family of bike(husky) motors are basically bullet proof and that chassis like I had on the 08 TXC450 was very very nice. They enter the market with a strong viable product line, in the offroad core enduro class.

I just hope that Sig. Macchi (Re) added the counterbalancer assy to their new 500 (450/510 Husky engine).

Edited by robertaccio

Its strange SWM aquired the Husky headlight. Maybe more parts will swap over to the WR.

I hope they get back into the trials market.

Shineray http://www.shineray.com isfunding the whole SWM operation and if you'r not familiar with Shineray they have some mighty deep pockets.... I suppose this has a lot to do with Shienray establishing a beach head in Europe to grow their numbers. 

I think what you're going to see is some more two stoke enduro models followed by a lot of street bike offerings at different displacement levels.

• 2 months later...

These SWM are based on the older model Macchi designed 250/310  and 450/510  bullet proof family of engines (the enduro and SM bikes they show) as 300 and 500 enduro models and 450 SM.

I believe Macchi has access to all the Husqvarna engine designs including the x-lites and Italian Husky 125 two stroke.

There's also a 250/300 Italian Husky hydro clutch two stroke motor with left side drive which never saw production in the mix. 

It's going to be interesting especially if MV Agusta / Cagiva / Mercedes  Group somehow comes into play.

• Like 1

I believe Macchi has access to all the Husqvarna engine designs including the x-lites and Italian Husky 125 two stroke.

There's also a 250/300 Italian Husky hydro clutch two stroke motor with left side drive which never saw production in the mix. 

It's going to be interesting especially if MV Agusta / Cagiva / Mercedes  Group somehow comes into play.

An all Italian SWM modern 250/300 2T CrMo semi perimeter (late model Italian husky) chassis powered machine.......that sounds really good.

That last series CrMo semi perimeter chassis was really good on my TXC450 and great on both my 310 X-Lites, coupled with a modernized 2T engine, that thing would rock....oh yea they did that with the CR/WR125 and that bike got high praise across the board!!  All the tech and files are there SWM just needs to put all the parts together.