Carb issue.

Help needed, I've been looking every where to get a keihin carb for my Honda cr125 2006 as Im getting piss off with fouling my plugs and changing my jets and needle position, no matter what I do the story is still the same with my plug and not getting the crips power through the range!! I'm in the uk where the weather is constantly changes. Any one put there knows where I can get a keihin carb even it's 2nd hand?

Edited by Davemoto09

Forget the keihin and buy a APT Carburetor. They are a little pricey but worth it, you'll never have to jet your bike again and it is self adjusting to the atmospheric conditions. If you don't have the coin to do so then there is a shop here in the states called Adrenaline cycles based out of Kentucky. They sell good used parts for a fair price. Cheers

Hi and thanks for best info, but I'm in the UK will they be able to post over sea? Went on the website looks fantastic what's the different from cast and billet, I know it's something to do with the metal? Really appreciate your help and advice

No worries mate! Cast is molded and billet is formed out of a solid chunk of aluminum in a basic sense. You can always google it and get better detail on it. If you are just a weekend warrior I am sure the cast would work just fine for you but if you are a serious racer than billet is the way to go. I am not sure if they will ship it overseas or not. I don't see why they wouldn't, I mean a customer is a customer no matter where they are at on the globe in my opinion. But, I would give them a call during business hours and talk to them more about it. Like I said they are expensive but man are they worth it. I put a billet one on for a customer with a KTM150 and man was I impressed, no matter what condition he ran the bike in it was always 100% crispy cream haha Good Luck!

Ahh sweet, you sound like a man who's know about his bike hahahaagain thanks, don't care about the price to be honest, all I wanted is my bike to run crispy cream like u said lol. Apart from that it' just what I wanted to know. Yes I'm pretty much a serious guy who wants to get into racing one day, at this minute I'm on practice and have been for awhile. Also there one thing, will they make the carb especially for the Honda cr125 2006 as I know they are different from the older carb. Coz the newer models have electric throttle sensor?

Checked the prices on the APT SmartCarb website and converted the $ into £ which is pretty good, £430. Plus postage.

Big thumbs up to you mate

Thanks I appreciate that. Yes they will. Just give them a call and give them the info on your bike and they will send you exactly what you need.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, does it do the same job as the APT carbs? Cheers

I can't speak for APT because I've never owned one.

But they both use a metering rod which I think is superior to the jets.  The APT appears to be a little more advanced, hence probably the reason it cost more.

I think you will NOT be disappointed with a Lectron.....like Kawi said, email David over there....he walked me thru everything I needed - excellent service IMO.  He still answered my email a few months later when I bought my 03.

A great carb is probably your single best investment you can make.  If I ever sell my bike I'm keeping my carb!!!!!

• Like 1

Nice one mate, I was more attempted to buy the lectron carb. But again I'm more please and grateful with all the help, advice from every one on here who knows about their bikes. Yeah same over here, the sound of it and the price it's worth keeping for the future init. Many thanks with every one on help here. Will keep You all update when the new carb comes and fitted

• Like 1