2006 honda crf 250r keeps dying

Hi im new to the forum but I just purchased a 2006 crf 250r, love the bike but it keeps dying. It will run perfect for 5-10 minutes with plenty of power but all of sudden its like i hit the kill switch. It just dies then wont start for 30 minutes and does the same thing again. I don't know much about 4 strokes as this is my first, have been on 2 stroke bikes since i was 4. But i was told the bike had no problems. Its like sensor is triggered and it kills the motor. I thought it was me killing it with the clutch but once i was going in a straight line at a decent speed and it did it i figured out it wasn't me, that happened 3 times. The motor was rebuilt by Honda in may and they barely rode the bike. i have receipts of everything done to it ill list them. Just very frustrated and cant troubleshoot the issue.

1 piston /top end complete kit
1 cylinder assembly
1 crank assembly (wiseco)
1 oil 10/40
1 oil 80/85 w
1 cam chain1 oil filter
1 battery
1 air filter
1 counter shaft seal
1 front tube
-cleaned carb
replaced air filter
replace battery
replaced front tube
tightened chain
fixed countershaft seal

New clutch disc
New basket
New inner hub
New kickstart lever

1 used stator
1 used CDI
1 new spark plug
1 cap

• 2 months later...

Highly likely this is caused by a bad stator. This is a very common symptom when they start to fail. Was the used stator you replaced it with a known good unit? pretty likely the used stator came out of a grenaded engine and has the same problem as your original one.

Highly likely this is caused by a bad stator. This is a very common symptom when they start to fail. Was the used stator you replaced it with a known good unit? pretty likely the used stator came out of a grenaded engine and has the same problem as your original one.

nzgsr, do you have a test that he can do to confirm the stator is bad.

I'm interested in the out come of this because i just got a similar problem.

And if John's 250r has a battery, it's been fitted with an aftermarket flywheel, stator, rectifier, battery kit and the problem could be that the stator doesn't match the rest of the system. I have talked to guy from Trailtech, because my problem started when i tried a heavy flywheel, that i found out later was meant for lighting coil and the stronger magnets in that flywheel, i was told would damage my stator. I just hope someone could come up with a reliable test so John and i can be sure, without throwing expensive parts at it.

Ive never seen a 250r with a battery. Problem with testing the stator is that they test fine cold, but its when they get hot that they start failing. Ive seen this problem a few times and its nearly always the stator. Got to swap it out with a known good or new unit to verify.