Curious to get some feed back on these flexx bars . Do they really help ? Are they worth the $ ? I'd did a search but all the reviews loom like they are company written or were paid to all say the same thing . I have some wrist and hand issues and was wondering if these would help . Would be mounted on 300xcw

i've been using them since around 2006 and they do make a difference; on a 2 stroke they certainly work for cutting down on vibration transfer into your hands, and they will allow you to ride longer more comfortably.  some people complain about the bar movement but i think they are looking for a reason not to run them.  try them out for yourself, you'll never know otherwise.. just like anything, they'll have different benefits for everyone.

Edited by DRS

They are worth the money. A couple of years ago I destroyed my right wrist. I ended up with 2 plates, 6 screws, and a piece of wire in it to hold it all together. 6 months after I was able to ride again and I broke my left arm close to my left wrist. After getting all heeled up again I started riding again, but found out in my first race back that I had an issue. After my arms would start to get tired my wrist would lock and I could barely move them. This happened 2 different times. I bought a pair of Flexx Bars and the first time I rode with them I hit every hole I could find in practice. After practice my arms and wrist felt good and after racing for 2 hours my arms and wrist still felt good. Since then I haven't had any issues. They are worth the money. Also by being able to change the dampners out you can pretty much make the bars feel how ever you want them to feel. Another positive thing I can say about Flexx is their customer service. Last year I had another hard crash where I broke my left shouider. I bent the bars which is very rare. I called them up and after talking to them they said don't worry about my bars being out of warrenty. They replaced them under the warrenty policy even though they were out of date. Now that is customer service.

• Like 1

Sounds good . Def going to give them a shot . Use. There are a lot of different kind and bends. I was just going to get the Enduro ones. I've never been one to look at the bend of the bars so I don't know if I would notice. I've always just used whatever bars were on the bike when I buy them

They are worth the money. A couple of years ago I destroyed my right wrist. I ended up with 2 plates, 6 screws, and a piece of wire in it to hold it all together. 6 months after I was able to ride again and I broke my left arm close to my left wrist. After getting all heeled up again I started riding again, but found out in my first race back that I had an issue. After my arms would start to get tired my wrist would lock and I could barely move them. This happened 2 different times. I bought a pair of Flexx Bars and the first time I rode with them I hit every hole I could find in practice. After practice my arms and wrist felt good and after racing for 2 hours my arms and wrist still felt good. Since then I haven't had any issues. They are worth the money. Also by being able to change the dampners out you can pretty much make the bars feel how ever you want them to feel. Another positive thing I can say about Flexx is their customer service. Last year I had another hard crash where I broke my left shouider. I bent the bars which is very rare. I called them up and after talking to them they said don't worry about my bars being out of warrenty. They replaced them under the warrenty policy even though they were out of date. Now that is customer service.

Wow you've been through the ringer - had your fair share of crashes.:-o

I have the medium (yellow) dampers on mine, are you using the softest ones? . . . which dampers do you like best?

The 10 degree moto bend is basicly the same bend as stock KTM/Suzuki bars. I use the yellow compression and red rebound. Yeah all that stuff happened about 2 years after I started riding again. I stopped riding around 2002 and started riding again in the end of 2010. When I was young and fast I had several injuries back then. The worst was when I broke my back in 2 places. I got really lucky with that one.

The 10 degree moto bend is basicly the same bend as stock KTM/Suzuki bars. I use the yellow compression and red rebound. Yeah all that stuff happened about 2 years after I started riding again. I stopped riding around 2002 and started riding again in the end of 2010. When I was young and fast I had several injuries back then. The worst was when I broke my back in 2 places. I got really lucky with that one.

How about handgaurds ? Will the ones I have on my bars now transfer over or do you need a certain kind to fit the bars ?

Broken back? yes that's a hard crash.:-o

Now that we (most of us anyway) are older now - we don't bounce as good as we used to.

Good thing you had your really hard crashes while still young.

I might try the softest compression dampers - the blue ones

Broken back? yes that's a hard crash.:-o

Now that we (most of us anyway) are older now - we don't bounce as good as we used to.

Good thing you had your really hard crashes while still young.

I might try the softest compression dampers - the blue ones

Thanks for all the info/advice on the flexx bars . I will be ordering shortly and testing out as the temp comes out of the 20's lol ...

I to had a back surgery from a combo of bodybuilding construction as a living and yes riding . I had a lower back surgery so my biggest defense against not injuring again is standing up . If the seat comes up and hits my ass it will send a jolt all the way to my neck and boy is it painfull!!!!! And yes I'm 36 yrs young and don't do bodybuilding anymore but am still great shape and it takes weeks to heel from a crash sometimes . Bruises and bumps just don't go away like they used too .

All I can say for us somewhat older guys is stay in shape best you can ! Some of my riding buddies are 35-45 eat whatever and never exercise . Well it shows in the trails too. They can only go for 30-40 min in the trails without having to take a break . And I'm talking Sunday riding for fun. And after a full day ridding on sun they are complaining for at least 1-2 weeks about aches pains and sore muscles !

The best part of the day is watching these bastards try to load the bikes in the pickups after . Lol

I've had 3 herniated discs in my lower back and 2 in my neck since I was 22....I fell off a roof at work :banghead:. I stand up 90% ofvtge time too. And a lot of it is to save my back. Staying in shape is key!! Most the time I'm pain free as long as I do the stuff I'm supposed to do.

My back was screwed up enough that I suffered permanent nerve damage in my leg 6 years ago. Every 6 months I was on crutches when it flared up (due to pain in my groin area!)

Strengthening up my core was the secret for me, that made a HUGE difference.

I haven't needed crutches since doing that.

57 years old here - I definitely don't bounce like I used to but still racing a YZ490 in PV mx.;-)

My advice - get your core strengthened up - that's the best defense for your back!!!