2006 crf250r jetting

I have adjusted the timing but I did order a moose jet kit so I will have some extra jets but I can't get the timing to what I think it should be.

To adjust the AP timing correctly you have to remove the sub frame and watch it squirt into the carb throat. You want it to just barely miss the slide when you whack the throttle, like Bucket said there are plenty of good write ups on here about adjusting AP timing. Also, do the O-ring mod (I used safety wire)  and you will need to shave the diaphragm rivet to where it is 2mm in length. I believe stock is 4.5mm. Then if you really want to get rid of that bog completely, buy the R&D powerbowl 2 with the adjustable leak jet. It is about $200 but it is well worth it! Cheers

I agree with Bucket, you need to make sure everything is in proper order first, then shave the diaphragm rivet like I previously stated. Then adjust your AP timing, then do the O-ring mod after you adjusted the AP timing. This will take away the lag that the AP linkage spring produces.

I'm not too familiar with carbs so I'm not sure what the diaphragm is supposed to look like

You should really have a manual if you are not confident with carbs. But, the diaphragm should not be flaking any rubber or have any cracks in it. It should be a solid round piece of rubber with a metal rivet in the middle. If the diaphragm is flaking rubber or has cracks, even minor ones then replace it. If you need to replace it, buy the 08 CRF250R diaphragm and save yourself from shaving the rivet as it comes stock about 2mm rather than the 06 4.5mm

Yes, first shave your diaphragm rivet to about 2mm in length ( if not it will cause binding). second- adjust your AP timing, when that is adjusted correctly by just missing the slide THEN do the O-ring mod. I recommend using safety wire instead of an O-ring. I trust metal over rubber any day. Google REDBEARDS AP MOD and it should pop up. It says it is for a 450 but it works on 250's as well. He gives very detailed instructions on how to do the mod properly.