93 650L no start

First off I am currently down in Baja. Last year when I came down my father-in-law stated his Honda would crank over but no spark. Did a quick check and figured it was the CDI. This year when I came back down it would not even turn over hit the e-start and nothing. Replaced the coil and CDI and still nothing only thing that works is the horn, battery is fully charged. Any ideas as to where to start looking. i will be here till just after thanksgiving, yes know late to ask but we had other projects we needed to take care of first. Any help would be appreciated. I can not get any parts now but give me a general idea as to what to bring down next time.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well back from Baja. Dave thanks for your schematic it help a lot. Lost internet up till time to leave. Still could not get it going. Read in another topic about the resistor in the cap will tell father-in-law and see if that is the problem when he goes back down there, otherwise told him to load up and take back home and to a shop, says he wants to sell because he is the only one that will ride it down there and we have three other bikes in the garage (just finished setting up his wr426 suspension mainly) much easier to ride over the trails.

Again thanks for your help Dave.