2015 yz250fx parts fiche

www.partshark.com

USA dealer website, I've been pondering around at the comparisons of the three 2015 250F bike part number differences.

Yz cams are different than the yzfx & wr. All 3 have the same piston. Yzfx & wr tranny axles and pinion gears are the same part numbers. Just some quick items I noted so far. Power is out at the house, so the rest of me notes are on hold.

Edited by chittyrox

Excellent find!!!!

Comparing to YZFX and WRF...

Exh and Intake valves are the same between X and WR, but diff than YZF.

I see the X & WR crankshafts are the same but diff than a YZF. Diff connecting rod than YZF too, probably for balance?

WR has softer shock spring than X but same fork springs as X.

Same tranny between X and WR.

Same fenders.

Again, good find!

Excellent find!!!!

Comparing to YZFX and WRF...

Exh and Intake valves are the same between X and WR, but diff than YZF.

I see the X & WR crankshafts are the same but diff than a YZF. Diff connecting rod than YZF too, probably for balance?

WR has softer shock spring than X but same fork springs as X.

Same tranny between X and WR.

Same fenders.

Again, good find!

Sounds like it's going the way of buying a WRF or YZF and skipping the X

Oops, I meant Exhaust and Intake CAMS are the same between the X and WRF.

Monk-

On the surface, the WRF is not all that different except the obvious lights and odometer. But- for the buyer who doesn't want the lights, the YZFX could be the hot ticket. The WRF is $100 higher, plus there is another $100 for the ECU box and then if the WR's quiet muffler is not your thing, that's another $300. Both bikes definitely have appeal.

BTW, I noticed that the price of the WR250F hop-up ECU is now priced at $110. I swear I saw it priced at $169 a few weeks ago.

Quick tip for people looking over the parts fiche- The "2GB-xxx.." type part numbers are originally for the WRF and often used on the YZFX as well. But, the "B29-xxx..." numbers are unique to the YZ250FX. If you scan thru the part numbers, there are not a lot of B29-xxx numbers. The YZFX has a slightly different muffler than a YZF, but with a YZF series part number- maybe it's the Australian model with the baffle?

Oops, I meant Exhaust and Intake CAMS are the same between the X and WRF.

Monk-

On the surface, the WRF is not all that different except the obvious lights and odometer. But- for the buyer who doesn't want the lights, the YZFX could be the hot ticket. The WRF is $100 higher, plus there is another $100 for the ECU box and then if the WR's quiet muffler is not your thing, that's another $300. Both bikes definitely have appeal.

BTW, I noticed that the price of the WR250F hop-up ECU is now priced at $110. I swear I saw it priced at $169 a few weeks ago.

Quick tip for people looking over the parts fiche- The "2GB-xxx.." type part numbers are originally for the WRF and often used on the YZFX as well. But, the "B29-xxx..." numbers are unique to the YZ250FX. If you scan thru the part numbers, there are not a lot of B29-xxx numbers. The YZFX has a slightly different muffler than a YZF, but with a YZF series part number- maybe it's the Australian model with the baffle?

I keep thinking to wait for the X but it sounds like the trans will be the issue I won't get around. The F sounds like the ticket and swap a 6th gear in...

so to make an f have electric start what are we looking at price wise. are we going to the extent of swapping inner cases? sorry, don't know much about button bikes.

IMO, it would be extensive and expensive to make a YZF be electric start like the WRF. There is charging system, crankshaft, flywheel, wiring, battery, starter + gears, side cover, and so on. Much better plan to practice kick starting, which really, is quite effective.

Monk- I don't think you can just drop a 6th gear in a YZ250F. Almost certain that you would need to buy the entire gearset. The crankcase set is the same between the three bikes, btw.

Edited by BazookaJoe
  • Like 1

right i didn't think it was an easy task. people on other threads where clamoring how they would just slap a starter on their f....just wondered how realistic that actually was.

but now in reference to the cams: i do know that you could swap the exhaust cam from a 15 to a 14 for easier starting, my question is; the difference between the cams in the f to wr,fx. is that to mellow them out a bit? could you put f cams in for more aggression. or does that all translate into the 6th gear.

Yam 1992- I would believe the WR/YZFX cams are to create smoother woodsy power. The head and valve springs are the same between F/WR/FX, so YZF cams should swap. If it's like the older WRs, the YZF exhaust will perk up the upper rpm power at the expense of some low end power.

Also, I noticed some more things...

a) The WR has a 50T steel rear sprocket, whereas the FX appears to have an aluminum 51T.

b. The old style GYTR muffler end piece is the same as all the WRs from 2005 and newer.

c) The FX muffler appears to have the same part number as the UK YZ250F, but not the US YZ250F.

Edited by BazookaJoe
  • Like 2

Yam 1992- I would believe the WR/YZFX cams are to create smoother woodsy power. The head and valve springs are the same between F/WR/FX, so YZF cams should swap. If it's like the older WRs, the YZF exhaust will perk up the upper rpm power at the expense of some low end power.

a) The WR has a 50T steel rear sprocket, whereas the FX appears to have an aluminum 51T.

b. The old style GYTR muffler end piece is the same as all the WRs from 2005 and newer.

c) The FX muffler appears to have the same part number as the UK YZ250F, but not the US YZ250F.

The muffler difference between the US and UK bike is this baffle 1/2 way down the muffler 

003_zps36a55e0b.jpg

Its a pain to grind out 

001_zpsdbf48aeb.jpg

gives more bottom end and noise I guess just like a US spec bike. If well packed the muffler is not that loud.

MM