cut down radiator shrouds on sm

My first time back to the track since modifying my radiator shrouds on my sm. Pleased with the improvement. Less wind buffeting and I actually hit the rev limiter in 5th gear (106mph) on the main straight. I've never been able to rev it to the limiter in 5th before! Running 15/41 gearing with stock bore/cams.

1460097_4800739392130_5038470054226930127_n.jpg

• Like 5

Might want to try a more aerodynamic front fender if the shrouds make that much difference.

I originally cut mine for better aerodynamics while riding street(I ride 80%)but found I liked the look of it chopped as well. I cut the acerbis tecnik front fender and that did help a lot

I like the looks alone, have you run without shrouds, or a bare minimum shroud from some ruined dirt plastics

I'm running like this right now🤣image.jpg
  • Like 2

I like the looks alone, have you run without shrouds, or a bare minimum shroud from some ruined dirt plastics

I want a certain amount of shroud to get more air flow through the radiators on slower tracks like supermoto courses (and street riding)....plus it helps protect the radiators when I fall!

How did you relocate the ignition there? Did you cut some of the headlight shroud for the circular part to lay in there? Could you post more pics please?

I bought the bike with that already done...not sure if the fairing had to be cut...I'll look at it closer when I get off work.

I originally cut mine for better aerodynamics while riding street(I ride 80%)but found I liked the look of it chopped as well. I cut the acerbis tecnik front fender and that did help a lotI'm running like this right now🤣📎image.jpg

You need to chop the sub-frame (or build a new one) to get that license tucked up to the seat.

Get some clip-ons handle bars.

Maybe replace the headlight with a big round one and clean up the wiring behind the headlight.

You'd have a pretty slick looking (and capable) cafe racer/offroader.