Suspension help for a 225 lbs. MX wannabe

Hey gang, I picked up a 2005 YZ250 that I plan on going over this winter and setting up for MX. I am completely new to MX but not dirt biking. I've been dirt biking for 8 years but I have never been on a track. I've owned many MX bikes over the years but I bought this bike to pursue my longing dream to take up MX riding. I'm 22 years old, 6'4, and 225 lbs without gear, and Don't plan on racing, just going to the track,having a blast, and making new friends. That brings me to my question on suspension. I know that I'm gonna need beefier springs, but I'm not sure what would work best overall for me, being a weekend warrior with a tight budget. Should I send the suspension out to a reputable builder? Do the SSS swap then start from there? Or get heavier springs for the stock 05 units and go from there? I've never ridden a bike that had suspension tailored specifically for me so this is all new. Thanks!

Hey gang, I picked up a 2005 YZ250 that I plan on going over this winter and setting up for MX. I am completely new to MX but not dirt biking. I've been dirt biking for 8 years but I have never been on a track. I've owned many MX bikes over the years but I bought this bike to pursue my longing dream to take up MX riding. I'm 22 years old, 6'4, and 225 lbs without gear, and Don't plan on racing, just going to the track,having a blast, and making new friends. That brings me to my question on suspension. I know that I'm gonna need beefier springs, but I'm not sure what would work best overall for me, being a weekend warrior with a tight budget. Should I send the suspension out to a reputable builder? Do the SSS swap then start from there? Or get heavier springs for the stock 05 units and go from there? I've never ridden a bike that had suspension tailored specifically for me so this is all new. Thanks!

send it to race tech and use the code pulpmx for 10% off