Which bike?

Alright, so I got around a 3,500 budget range and live in the Maryland area. I have called some dealerships about there used bikes and these are the ones that stuck out most to me. If you wouldn't mind giving them a gander and telling me your opinion on which one to get, that would be great. The 450F is my top choice right now. I will do a little of everything when it comes to riding.

2012 KTM 250 SX 2 stroke 4,000

2005 YZ250 2-stroke 3,500

2005 KX250 2,500
Silencer

2011 Kawasaki KX450F 3,600
Suspension done

Hey man. I checked out the bikes you linked. Personally, I would go with the yz250 or the kx450f. All the bikes are really nice. The big thing is wether you'd want a 2 or 4 stroke. I own a 250 2 smoker and a 250 4 stroke and love them both. The strokes can be converted into great all around bikes up here on the east coast, being very usable for both woods and track. My 4 stroke is for the woods and isn't really good on a moto track, but filthy in the woods. Its really all up to the 2/4 stroke decision. Good luck!

Alright, so after doing a bit more researching and talking to a good friend of mine that races and is licensed to work on motors, I was told that I should give a 250f a gander as it would fit me better and my riding experence. So, I found one if someone wouldn't mind taking a look. It's completely stock other than the graphics and the price was just lowered 900$.

http://www.bemotorsports.net/2011YamahaYZ250F-inventory.htm?id=596577&used=1&vin=

Alright, so I got around a 3,500 budget range and live in the Maryland area. I have called some dealerships about there used bikes and these are the ones that stuck out most to me. If you wouldn't mind giving them a gander and telling me your opinion on which one to get, that would be great. The 450F is my top choice right now. I will do a little of everything when it comes to riding.

2012 KTM 250 SX 2 stroke 4,000

2005 YZ250 2-stroke 3,500

2005 KX250 2,500
Silencer

2011 Kawasaki KX450F 3,600
Suspension done

I would just sit for a while and see what comes up, there still is a couple of months of cold ahead of us... Don't rule out private party, either. Usually dealerships have a bit more of a "mark up" than private party sellers have, and you might find a "once in a lifetime" deal that someone needs the money (xmas/etc..) and will sell it cheap since they are eager to move on it.

I would just sit for a while and see what comes up, there still is a couple of months of cold ahead of us... Don't rule out private party, either. Usually dealerships have a bit more of a "mark up" than private party sellers have, and you might find a "once in a lifetime" deal that someone needs the money (xmas/etc..) and will sell it cheap since they are eager to move on it.

Yeah, that's an extremely good point you have there.

Alright, so I got a question. I am torn between a 125 2-stroke, 250 2-stroke and a 250 4-stroke. I'll be going to the track mainly (budds creek) and doing drag races with the boys. Obviously a 250 2-stroke will be the fastest out of the 3 but I need to know how they all compare to each other and the downside of each bike. If someone can give me a detailed response that would be great! Also, if I were to get a 125 what aftermarkets would I have to put on there to get close the the 250 2-stroke power?

Alright, so I got a question. I am torn between a 125 2-stroke, 250 2-stroke and a 250 4-stroke. I'll be going to the track mainly (budds creek) and doing drag races with the boys. Obviously a 250 2-stroke will be the fastest out of the 3 but I need to know how they all compare to each other and the downside of each bike. If someone can give me a detailed response that would be great! Also, if I were to get a 125 what aftermarkets would I have to put on there to get close the the 250 2-stroke power?

If you're that worried about making a 125 into a 250 then just get a 250. The 2 strokes are cheaper to maintain and if something goes wrong then you won't be bankrupt. I just purchased a yz125 myself so that would get my vote. 125s are lightweight and fun to whip around. I've seen more than a few people on TT say that 125 2 strokes are their favorite bikes.

awesome, would you mind taking a gander at the 250f I posted?

Clunker. It's got mega hours and it's beat up. Go with a private party unless your buy anal lube in bulk. Dealers are out there to do bad things to every used bike buyer.

There are older, low hour bikes out there in nicer shape for less money. I have paid $2K for my last couple of used 250/450F's and they have been older in year but basically brand new in run hours.

Take your time and be picky. There are a million tired out bikes out there for $3K and a few basically unridden ones for a lot less. The trick is to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Stay with a 250F though if you are gonna ride track and trails. It's the best package out there for a do-it-all bike. They haul plenty of ass but unlike a 450 they won't try to kill you.

• Like 1

Clunker. It's got mega hours and it's beat up. Go with a private party unless your buy anal lube in bulk. Dealers are out there to do bad things to every used bike buyer.

There are older, low hour bikes out there in nicer shape for less money. I have paid $2K for my last couple of used 250/450F's and they have been older in year but basically brand new in run hours.

Take your time and be picky. There are a million tired out bikes out there for $3K and a few basically unridden ones for a lot less. The trick is to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Stay with a 250F though if you are gonna ride track and trails. It's the best package out there for a do-it-all bike. They haul plenty of ass but unlike a 450 they won't try to kill you.

Appreciate the help, my man!

• Like 1