Can I paint exhaust chrome?

just figured i would ask first, thanks guys, I dont see why I couldn't do chrome if you can do flat black tho? Guess it has to do with how to finish looks Idk... Guess I won't do it. How do you polish it? What's polishing going to do to a black rusty exhaust?

Painted chrome looks horrible and I'm sure there is not a a high temp version. I would try cleaning it up with some scrotch brite pads and wd040. You can use high temp black paint but it's not super durable in my experience. 

Painted chrome looks horrible and I'm sure there is not a a high temp version. I would try cleaning it up with some scrotch brite pads and wd040. You can use high temp black paint but it's not super durable in my experience.

Will do, guess I will just use the black paint I got for my wood stove... Anythings better than this eye sore lol

By the way, if I use a scotch brute on it will I have to use sort of finish so it doesn't rust again? Or do i just leave it cause I'll probably paint anyways

Most of the time the majority of the original paint comes our looking good with the exception of a few scratches but without seeeing it I'm guessing  

Most of the time the majority of the original paint comes our looking good with the exception of a few scratches but without seeeing it I'm guessing

Ended up having lots of bare metal spots so i opted out to sand the whole thing down with 120 grit then with 600 grit and it looks Nice so far! Is there any way I can keep this sweet bare metal look without it rusting? Like is there a high temp clear coat? Sorry if it sounds stupid..

• Like 1

Ended up having lots of bare metal spots so i opted out to sand the whole thing down with 120 grit then with 600 grit and it looks Nice so far! Is there any way I can keep this sweet bare metal look without it rusting? Like is there a high temp clear coat? Sorry if it sounds stupid..

Doesnt sound dumb,  iTs called a works look, just keep wd40 on it after every ride and be prepared to resand occasionally

Original XR exhausts are painted black not chromed. But tell me how they use coke and aluminum foil? I'm interested

Take a paper towel or shop towel or whatever and wet the part down in a small area with Coke.  Rub the area with foil, ends up shiny like new.