anyone have the new Leatt helmet?

thought I'd check to see if anyone can give a review on the new Leatt helmet. Im interested in the venting, it looks amazing from the pictures. ( keeping my 6d, but for those days that seem like heat stroke is a bigger risk than a crash, Id be willing to swap to the most vented helmet I can find)

Seems to me that the Leatt is using the same type of tech that the 6D is. Slimmer shell and tons of vents added to that tech though.....I'm interested, it might be my next helmet.

• Like 1

I have to commend Leatt for this, new tech that should be on par with 6D and they are doing the opposite, not trying to price gouge the shit out of the buyer....

I know. I love the idea of the 6D, but I'd never spend that much. The new leatt helmet it towards the top of my range, but I think it'll be worth it. 

I know. I love the idea of the 6D, but I'd never spend that much. The new leatt helmet it towards the top of my range, but I think it'll be worth it.

I have a hard time justifying the 700 bucks for a helmet, when I can pick up a quality helmet for half that cost. I primarily have been sticking to shoeis for the last amount of time (street/dirt) and would also purchase an arai at the drop of a hat. If this Leatt is up to par with the 6d, I assume that the consumer will see a price drop, due to the fact that they now understand that people will just buy their competitor's product for a couple of hundred bucks less. I also read that the new fox v4 has something similar to the "elastomers" that the 6d has. I was assuming that the "elastomer" thing would be a very hard product to patent and it appears that it is correct. The end result is better protection for the consumer, for less dough.
  • Like 1