Rider ages

No I ment to put 15 I messed it up but yea I was wearing steel toe boots and shorts an t shirt my cr500 has a bald back tire so I don't get to much traction by when I do it stands up and for christmas I'm getting all me gear (riding boots,jersey,pants,etc) the cr has low comp I'm rebuilding the motor this coming weekend:)

Yea I have a helmit gloves and that's all I chat help that I'm poor I traded a old atv for my bike and fixed what I could on it and I'm still working on it not everyone has the money to get everything

No, they don't, but you should have your safety gear before you ever hop on your bike. That could be a deadly mistake.
  • Like 1

Nvm happy thanksgiving I give up on trying to make a point to this dude at school that it doesn't matter how old you are but how skilled you are.......

i did answer your question by saying girls can ride a cr500. But no, once you can physicals fit on a bike age doesnt matter. Weather a 15 year old is suited to a cr500 is another question. The important thing is that your riding.

Look, you ride so you're cool with me. But what us older guys are trying to tell you is basically this. Riding or racing dirt bikes is dangerous. At your age, all that extra testosterone can override your common sense and cause you to do something stupid. And most all of us can tell you, stupid hurts! Save up for some gear, starting with a quality helmet. Notice I said "quality", not "expensive". Just take your time, improve your skills, learn how to work on your bike, be safe and have fun!

• Like 4

Look, you ride so you're cool with me. But what us older guys are trying to tell you is basically this. Riding or racing dirt bikes is dangerous. At your age, all that extra testosterone can override your common sense and cause you to do something stupid. And most all of us can tell you, stupid hurts! Save up for some gear, starting with a quality helmet. Notice I said "quality", not "expensive". Just take your time, improve your skills, learn how to work on your bike, be safe and have fun!

Yes.  After a few broken bones. stitches & being knocked out cold thru 4 decades of riding safety comes first.  I get it I was 14/15 once & felt I was indestructible at that age, but with experience comes the understanding it just takes 1 bad crash that can have severe consequences.  I have a few helmets I've collected in the garage thru the yrs. & would be willing to sell you one for cheap.  Send me a PM if your interested.     

• Like 1

I honestly think if you're just riding around your house or something all you need is a good helmet. BUT if you're riding around trails and tracks you should at least have a good helmet, boots, and gloves. Its cool that you ride a 500 at the age of 15, but you should AT LEAST have a helmet on when riding... If you don't have at least a helmet, you shouldn't be riding.

Edited by Spyder328