I'm back... with another DRZ400SM!

Hey everyone,  like about a year or so ago... sold the 2006 supermoto for some bang bang guns.
Was pretty much depressed a few months later not having my DRZ for street or trails.

So,  picked up my buddys 2008 DRZ400SM and after it had sat for so long,  pretty much done getting it back to road worthiness!
Did valve clearances (yup,  they needed it),  cleaned up the carb and replaced the crap that needed it, oil and filter change (totally needed it), coolant flush,  replaced the piece of crap Pirelli's that were on it with nice and new Michelin 2CT's,  new DID VT2 supermoto chain (yep, the 160 tire clears the chain with 1/2" gap), new air filter, new Yuasa battery, new spark plug, put on new lower linkage to raise the rear end up about an inch (from the UK)....

I will be doing the forks next, sintered brake pads, headlight blub (shot) and flush brake lines (steel brake lines to go on too most likely).

Has a garbage FMF slip on pipe on it.... SO,  that's getting tossed and will be buying a full Yoshi RS2, 39mm flatside carb and jetted properly and other stuff I'm sure. 

So stoked again!

• Like 2

Hey everyone,  like about a year or so ago... sold the 2006 supermoto for some bang bang guns.

Was pretty much depressed a few months later not having my DRZ for street or trails.

So,  picked up my buddys 2008 DRZ400SM and after it had sat for so long,  pretty much done getting it back to road worthiness!

Did valve clearances (yup,  they needed it),  cleaned up the carb and replaced the crap that needed it, oil and filter change (totally needed it), coolant flush,  replaced the piece of crap Pirelli's that were on it with nice and new Michelin 2CT's,  new DID VT2 supermoto chain (yep, the 160 tire clears the chain with 1/2" gap), new air filter, new Yuasa battery, new spark plug, put on new lower linkage to raise the rear end up about an inch (from the UK)....

I will be doing the forks next, sintered brake pads, headlight blub (shot) and flush brake lines (steel brake lines to go on too most likely).

Has a garbage FMF slip on pipe on it.... SO,  that's getting tossed and will be buying a full Yoshi RS2, 39mm flatside carb and jetted properly and other stuff I'm sure. 

So stoked again!

Don't throw away the FMF pipe, send it to me so I can cut it up and build it into a custom shorty muffler :D

• Like 1