2007 KX 250 2T suspension on 03 KX250 ?

hello all,

I picked up a set of forks and rear shock off of a 2007 kx250 2stroke. I own a 2 2003 kx250's, one is a build in progress.

I guess I'm looking for someone with experience with revalving the 06/07 2stroke suspension for offroad.

I already have 03 forks and shock done with racetech valves and sprung for my weight. they are pretty good.

I plan to shorten the 07 shock most likely at the clevis to work with the 03 linkage. I have read it is 20mm longer, mostly I wanted this for the high speed dampening adjustment.

the plan is to have everything revalved by WER for offroad.

I have read about the importance of changing the small compression valve? spring inside to reduce harshness.

so I guess the main question is after revalve can I expect the newer 07 AOSS suspension setup to out perform the 03 stuff or will it not be as good for the gnarly northeast offroad conditions?

thanks

I went the other way and run 03 forks revalved by WER on my 04 and 07. For gnarly NE rocks/roots etc I found that the 03 forks are very hard to beat. I have a brand new set of 07 forks sitting that I may have revalved by WER one day but I see no need to at the moment. We are actually keeping an eye out for another set of 03 forks. Have WER revalve your 03 forks. Tell them Rob and Lisa sent you! They know us pretty well!

Edited by zz3gmc
  • Like 1

I went the other way and run 03 forks revalved by WER on my 04 and 07. For gnarly NE rocks/roots etc I found that the 03 forks are very hard to beat. I have a brand new set of 07 forks sitting that I may have revalved by WER one day but I see no need to at the moment. We are actually keeping an eye out for another set of 03 forks. Have WER revalve your 03 forks. Tell them Rob and Lisa sent you! They know us pretty well!

alright thanks Rob! once again 👍  

what are you running for clutch baskets? I installed a Wiseco and with 1.3 hours on it had to pull it due to a clicking sound ...turns out the ring gear isn't going tight against the back of the basket with the bolts tightened down all the way. it seems the bosses the rubber grommets go around are to tall not letting it go tight?

We have good luck with stock outer baskets, inner baskets and pressure plates. Out of all the bikes i've had over the years which include CRs, YZs, YZ/WR 2ts, the stock kawi clutch components always held up the best. OEM plates and springs also. I was a very heavy clutch abuser back in the day but all my kawasakis held up great. The CRs ate baskets as did the YZs but the WR250 held up decent. I'm quite a bit easier on clutches now days!

KDX, add about 300 to the shell and we can talk! Or if you have a mint set of 03 forks I would trade for them. I think we rode the 07 around the yard once or twice before yanking the forks in favor of the 03s.