The Quality of Maico Motorcycles

There's a lot of people who have not heard of Maico and thus think it could be some China bike. There's others who are just oblivious and foam BS at the mouth in the most uneducated fashion when discussing dirt bikes and in particular, dirt bikes they are not familiar with in the least.

So, I have started a series that firstly gives the background of Maico and then furthermore it simply shows a side-by-side comparison of how the CR500 engine was designed and compares it to the Maico engine.  The facts are laid out so anyone can make their own conclusions.  I do provide my opinion, but again the facts are presented and you can't argue against facts you can only form opinions based on them.  

The videos are presented so people can make more educated opinions.

Maico Quality Part 1:

Maico Quality Part 2:

Maico Quality Part 3:

Maico Quality Part 4:

Edited by maico760

There is also a trademark issue. Canadian Maico bought the maico logo trademark when it went de funct sometime in 2010. Then he started going after people for example he had ppls maico ebay listings removed claiming they are counterfeit. He also brought a lawsuit against socalmaico because the maico logo was in their name.

I shouldnt say bought it he just registered it since it was expired.

I understand the trademark issue.The MI bikes seemed like they were ground up new so Vince could have just started a new company in my opinion.

Ya a lot of ppl have different opinions. 86 air cooled is rare mine is water cooled. You can actually get a new maico with an air cooled cylinder if you request it. Some swear by the 86 as one of the best.

I think I just got a bad one. The trans was putting out chunks of metal that were very worrisome. Not clutch trash, real metal from something. I didn't keep it long enough to find out what.