2015 350 XCF-W...yes or no?

So,... ive got an itchy trigger finger and my eye on a new 2015 350 xcf-w, just curious, should I? and why/why not?

I'm currently riding a '09 200 xc for the past 3yrs and love it. Thinking I will probably keep it and use the 350 for riding to some trails (roughly 15 min) and enjoying some back mtn roads/woods in the area.

Let the opinions begin!

If you like the two stroke, a 300XCW would be another good choice. In terms of power, the 350 and 300 are very close.

I'm leaning towards the 350 for the FI/ease of refueling. I've had several 4t's in the past, just seems a better choice for some mild Dual Sporting

It would probably see a 80/20 trail street combo....

The 350 xcf-w is a nice ride, one of my favorites in the shop and during demo days.  My friend who always rode 125's bought a 150XC, then bought the 200 kit, then traded it in on a 250XC.  4 months later he was back and traded that in on a 350XCF-W and loves it.  I have a 350XC-F and would love to trade it for a W

We've never had anyone buy the 350XCF-W and regret it.

The 350 xcf-w is a nice ride, one of my favorites in the shop and during demo days.  My friend who always rode 125's bought a 150XC, then bought the 200 kit, then traded it in on a 250XC.  4 months later he was back and traded that in on a 350XCF-W and loves it.  I have a 350XC-F and would love to trade it for a W

We've never had anyone buy the 350XCF-W and regret it.

So how about a quick comparison between a 350XCF and a 350XCF-w ?  I'm not calling you out, I'm just seriously interested in the 350 and might even buy one next summer.

No problem, I've ridden every KTM betwen 125 & 500cc, SX, & XC's every year when our shop hosts the 1st KTM demo's of the latest bikes, in October it was all the new 2015's.  Been racing since 1982, I currently have an '08 250 XCF-W (with SXF cams and CDI), '11 250XC (in an XC-W chassis), '11 350XC-F as well as an '03 640A and 950A.

XCF-W - Milder motor, 6 speed wide ratio, plush, always controllable, the rear wheel always felt connected to the ground..  Larger stator for lights (same flywheel), wide ratio, PDS linkless suspension, traditional WP front fork more easily servicable by the garage mechanic.  If you love the deep woods, you'll love this bike and you can still practice or race an occasional MX on it and not die.  The average rider would never need to re-valve the suspension, just re-spring for their weight.  No linkage to maintain and you can put new fork seals in without hardly loosing a drop of oil.  Comes stock with a spark arrester.

XC-F - It's an SX-F with an 18" rear wheel, SX-F closed cartridge fork and linkage suspension, 6 speed close ratio and the bigger XCF-W gas tank.   More aggressive on the mapping, the firmer damping in the suspension.  In the tighter stuff (trees <32" apart) with roots and rocks, the XC-F will beat you up.  On really fast whooped out sections and big jumps is where the XC-F will shine.  You could always have someone like Enduro Engineering* re-valve the suspension to your needs.  No spark arrester.

The TE310 (an XCF-W) uses the same suspension as the XC-F but with different valving and the magazine I read seemed to like it.  If I keep mine, I may get the shim stack from husky and put them in.  Add the optional map switch to either bike and you have 3 options for maps, mild, stock, and aggressive.

I raced my XC-F for 2 hours once in an Ohio Hare Scramble, it beat me near to death, haven't raced it in the woods since, I ride my W models for that and leave the XC-F to the track.  I went back to the same place in near identical conditions, rode my 250XC, (it still had the PDS style suspension when new but has the suspension from a W model) with the same suspension as the XCF-W and went twice the time in the 4 hour event without all the pain.  I know you can't compare apples to oranges 2stk vs 4stk but 2 friends have 2013 250XC's with linkage.  If you ride mine back to back with theirs, the difference is black and white, same motors, different chassis.  Mine felt more planted and in control in the woods, the linkage bikes hopped around and never felt planted.

Remember, this is just my own perspective, I am a woods rider so the PDS appeals to my style.  I'll sell you either bike, but I want you to be on the bike that will make you want to ride all day, not park it.

Michael