1986 xt350 kick start noise!

Hi All I am new to this site,so please go easy on me. I have a big problem (I think) I started my 1986 XT350 after not using it for about 4 months and straight away heard an horrible "metal clanging" noise coming from my kick-start area, when I put a screwdriver onto the kick-start shaft you could clearly hear the noise from inside, has anybody got any ideas to what this is and is it an easy fix? I also seem to be struggling finding an online service/manual.

Many Thanks  

Hi All I am new to this site,so please go easy on me. I have a big problem (I think) I started my 1986 XT350 after not using it for about 4 months and straight away heard an horrible "metal clanging" noise coming from my kick-start area, when I put a screwdriver onto the kick-start shaft you could clearly hear the noise from inside, has anybody got any ideas to what this is and is it an easy fix? I also seem to be struggling finding an online service/manual.

Many Thanks  

I know that this is obivious advice but i would suggest that you pull the cover off and take a look your going to have to do it anyway right?

Hi I realise that,thanks, but rather than just take it apart I was trying to get a heads up so I could get the parts needed etc then stick it all back together. Plus in our garage there isn't much room,so I'm worried about loosing bits etc.

Hi I realise that,thanks, but rather than just take it apart I was trying to get a heads up so I could get the parts needed etc then stick it all back together. Plus in our garage there isn't much room,so I'm worried about loosing bits etc.

yep i was thinking that thats what you were after, I had the same idea on a simiar problem with a xr400 ended up buying a load of parts I did not need. does the kickstart spring back up properly?