tt600 rear shock

Hi, y'all...working on this decrepit $100 tt600 I found, and need to replace the rear shock...I remember seeing that there were several dfferent Yamaha shocks that fit just from the posts I saw here, but can't remember any of the info, and can't find a part number in the fiche that is for the entire shock assembly...can anybody help me out with any swap-ins that have worked for you? The OEM shocks on Ebay or from the parts dealers are just off-the-hook expensive...it's an '83....

Thanks in advance!

Tim

edit: I did the Partzilla.com thing, and the 600 shock was just used on other 600's, I am trying to find other shocks from the Yamaha big-bore family that I could use in its place...

Edited by Timmerz

Let me look I may have one I can get you on the cheap.

I bought a huge lot  of parts for the tt600.

Thanks a mil, decided to pull the trigger on one onEbay for $40, easily the cheapest one I've seen on there, most are over $100...but I sure am interested in carb parts you might have there, or the whole carbs if you don't want to part out?

Edited by Timmerz

read my build and you can see what you can do with a stock rear shock.

Wow, I'm bad at this, I guess...how do I locate your build? Search for posts under your name?

edit: Nevermind, got it! Thanks!

Edited by Timmerz

Temmerz-- cannon springs if still in busness might help. a drz400 spring fits but stock they are too light. Ktm might work with a little grinding on the inner side of spring to fit the retainer. problem with heaver spring it over powers the shock dampeming. I an 230# but mine works much better than a stock shock. I had a new TT600 in 1983 and was much lighter and still had to go with the heavy spring. not an easy fix. just buy my bike lol! good luck.

Kimble

Temmerz-- cannon springs if still in busness might help. a drz400 spring fits but stock they are too light. Ktm might work with a little grinding on the inner side of spring to fit the retainer. problem with heaver spring it over powers the shock dampeming. I an 230# but mine works much better than a stock shock. I had a new TT600 in 1983 and was much lighter and still had to go with the heavy spring. not an easy fix. just buy my bike lol! good luck.

Kimble

Thanks, I'd love to buy it, but I've got a plated 2000 XR650R already with all the mods I wanted, and just can't see the need for another plated dirt bike right now...that's why I'm trying to get this tt600 into some kind of decent dirt shape, so I can beat on it like I never would the XR...