2009 crf450r kill switch light

Was out riding today and near dark noticed the Kill switch LED light stayin on. Starts out bright when you first crank it then goes to a dim red and stays solid. Didnt notice the bike running any different so wondering if only the dealer can hookup a computer to see what the deal is and if they normally charge to do that or if anyone may know a regular issue that throws the light? Iv had the bike for about 9 months and never had this issue.

Was out riding today and near dark noticed the Kill switch LED light stayin on. Starts out bright when you first crank it then goes to a dim red and stays solid. Didnt notice the bike running any different so wondering if only the dealer can hookup a computer to see what the deal is and if they normally charge to do that or if anyone may know a regular issue that throws the light? Iv had the bike for about 9 months and never had this issue.

I recall seeing something in my Honda shop manual concerning this. The light blinks or stays illuminated to indicate different problems. I'm out of town right now but will look into it when I get home.

• 4 months later...