Training wheels

Is there any training wheels on the market that mount to the swing arm or actual pegs?  I have a KLX 110 but the mounts where the pegs attach to the care are destroyed.  Im having a metal shop weld extensions from the frame so the pegs will be sitting in the same spot but not attached to the case.  But I'm worried I will not be able to mount training wheels to the bike...

I'd stay away from the ones that attach to the swing arm if you mean the kind that hook to the axle.

I am not sure I have seen them for KLX110's?   I thought they were made for 50's only? 

The one's I had for the CRF50 mounted to the two front holes of the pegs which bolted to the engine case

I am sure you could modify the TW to your new peg set up?  I'd have the TW's on hand when you go to the metal shop. 

Good luck 

I'd stay away from the ones that attach to the swing arm if you mean the kind that hook to the axle.

I am not sure I have seen them for KLX110's?   I thought they were made for 50's only? 

The one's I had for the CRF50 mounted to the two front holes of the pegs which bolted to the engine case

I am sure you could modify the TW to your new peg set up?  I'd have the TW's on hand when you go to the metal shop. 

Good luck 

What is wrong with the ones that attach to the swing arm?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even bother. Tell your son that he can ride the motorcycle once he's able to ride his pedal bike without training wheels, it'll be second nature. To ease the process of learning the bicycle, take the pedals off and have him use it like a stryder bike. You'll be amazed as to how quickly he'll be out riding you this way. And it's free, can't beat free.

• Like 2