5th gear on a 450

The way I ride I use fifth gear all the time. Not saying I'm all that fast just the fact that I ride a 450 in a higher gear at low to mid range throttle, unless I'm approaching something I don't want to chance a mis-shift. There's a lot of times I'm looking for 6th too.

• Like 5

Who actually uses 5th gear on a 450? I could never imagine getting into 5 gear on any mx track. Even in the dessert on a long straight away in the wash. 4th gear pinned is always more then enough power and top speed. Or is it?

On my YZ 450 SM i can ring it out in 5th. In dirt I have gotten there in some clear runs in the woods a few times but is a butt puckering few seconds each time.

funny, well prepped 2001 CR 500 for desert here, easy 110 plus, seems slow after 3 years of FT 1mile background 130 typical. Where do posters like this come from? Oh, I forgot the slow motion MX world!

Sounds like the guys with stretched R1's street racing, so much skill bro, so hardcore. Best rider ever. 

• Like 2

funny, well prepped 2001 CR 500 for desert here, easy 110 plus, seems slow after 3 years of FT 1mile background 130 typical. Where do posters like this come from? Oh, I forgot the slow motion MX world!

That may be how fast the back wheel is moving but that probably isn't how fast the entire bike is moving but if you can ride one aggressively and have no wheel spin contact a scientist because I would love to know what the acceleration figures would be and their affects on the human body

Handreason your a dick.

well thank you, love you too.., real simple ask those that know, ask what speeds big bore Baja bikes run, Or Mexican 1000, plenty of open stretches here in AZ as well.  Google it in 1968 twin cylnder 500 husky clocked 110 at Mexican , only with 58 HP, Imagine that ; Gunner Nielson was the rider, Wow 2001 cr 500 far more HP and you question 110 +. LOL  Google it! so what was that something about spinning wheels, . Guess if I'm a dick all that doubt are asses, or Slow motion MX riders.   LOL, Google it!   LOL

Handreason your a dick.

Its, H Andreasen by the way, smart dick as well, get your handy dandy calculator out and figure top speed potential, in other words HP X tire diameter x final gear ratio x standard aero loss for human on unfaired bike. Easily done on cr 500.

Oh by the way when I call a man or others out and am incorrect, I usually make a public apology.  But I wont humiliate any of you  further, I accept your ignorance!

• Like 2

Its, H Andreasen by the way, smart dick as well, get your handy dandy calculator out and figure top speed potential, in other words HP X tire diameter x final gear ratio x standard aero loss for human on unfaired bike. Easily done on cr 500.

Oh by the way when I call a man or others out and am incorrect, I usually make a public apology.  But I wont humiliate any of you  further, I accept your ignorance!

Oh I'll help some of you figure it out, factory spec 2001 cr500 , 64.5 HP STOCK,  2014 Ktm sxf  57 Hp STOCK,yes I ride one as well, Wow additional 7 HP for the cr stock, know wonder the KTM is a slow motion MX bike!

Not really getting this slow motion Mx logic, I ride with a bunch of guys that are fast as hell on a Mx track and AA in the trails. Are the trail only riders just jealous because they don't have the balls or talent to hit a jump, please help me understand this someone?

I'd love to invite out some of these lightning speed trail riders out for a day of fun in the Florida sand to personally witness such greatness, come on down!!