Magic erasers are the bomb!

I got my TTR230 about 2 months ago in great condition but the only thing on the whole bike that really bugged me was the exhaust pipe! It was terrible looking!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1417399506.657955.jpg

It really stuck out to me with all that nasty Oklahoma red dirt caked on it lol

I had been trying to figure out how to clean it without damaging the pipe in any way but I was nervous to try a scotch brite or anything since this is my first bike and I didn't want to mess anything up. We went and cleaned our bikes at the car wash numerous times and tried to get it off with the high pressure hose, it didn't even touch it!

Well today my husband was trying a magic eraser on some boot scuffs on his plastics and I thought what the heck lets see what it does and it took all the dirt and grime off with minimal effort! I haven't cleaned the entire pipe yet since I want to take it off to get to the whole thing and we were at the carwash when I tried it!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1417399764.173244.jpg

This is after I cleaned part of the pipe of course you can tell which side is clean and which isn't!

Oh and the eraser did awesome on scuffs on the plastics and also on some scuffs on the aluminum!

I know this isn't a super important topic but my husband read about it on a forum so I figured maybe it will help someone!

• Like 1