who makes a billet cylinder head hanger plate for the crf450r ?

Yes, I have seen a company that makes them.. I have to a search to find it though. But why?? I have carbon fiber cylinder header hanger plates/ head stays from CRM and they saved a notable amount of weight. See pics attached.

mike

man that bike is decked out, all I see missing is a red chain slider!!

Actually, I got the head stays from CMT in Italy.. http://www.cmtcompositi.com/prodotto.php?id_prod=49&id_mod=13. It is fairly easy to order from them. I have HRC aluminum front engine mounts.. they are pretty thick and require longer bolts (titanium).  I have carbon fiber from several sources. The chain guide is CF from the Team Honda/ Martin Racing team, along with their rear brake disc and caliper guards, CF fuel tank is from Cedea/ Pro Carbon (and a work of art), Fork lug cover is from Lightspeed, CF oil filter guard and valve cover (not installed yet) is from CMT. I tried to get CMR to build me a CF rear subframe, but they refused and only cater to the factory teams in Europe. Bike has all titanium bolts, axles, pivots, titanium exhaust, and HRC billet titanium foot pegs from Japan, aluminum engine and fender/ shroud bolts, billet aluminum front brake caliper, and a Think Technologies lightweight seat foam and cross bar pad.  The rear hub is specially machined lightweight unit made for the Geigo Honda team.   I lost 11 pounds so far and bike is as light as my CR250 2 stroke. Looking to lose another pound or so from a titanium shock spring, although my suspension guy is not all that keen.

mike

Edited by Tokyo_Tiddler

Actually, I got the head stays from CMT in Italy.. http://www.cmtcompositi.com/prodotto.php?id_prod=49&id_mod=13. It is fairly easy to order from them. I have HRC aluminum front engine mounts.. they are pretty thick and require longer bolts (titanium). I have carbon fiber from several sources. The chain guide is CF from the Team Honda/ Martin Racing team, along with their rear brake disc and caliper guards, CF fuel tank is from Cedea/ Pro Carbon (and a work of art), Fork lug cover is from Lightspeed, CF oil filter guard and valve cover (not installed yet) is from CMT. I tried to get CMR to build me a CF rear subframe, but they refused and only cater to the factory teams in Europe. Bike has all titanium bolts, axles, pivots, titanium exhaust, and HRC billet titanium foot pegs from Japan, aluminum engine and fender/ shroud bolts, and a Think Technologies lightweight seat foam and cross bar pad. The rear hub is specially machined lightweight unit made for the Geigo Honda team. I lost 11 pounds so far and bike is as light as my CR250 2 stroke. Looking to lose another pound or so from a titanium shock spring, although my suspension guy is not all that keen.

mike

Top notch. Top notch!!!

Actually, I got the head stays from CMT in Italy.. http://www.cmtcompositi.com/prodotto.php?id_prod=49&id_mod=13. It is fairly easy to order from them. I have HRC aluminum front engine mounts.. they are pretty thick and require longer bolts (titanium).  I have carbon fiber from several sources. The chain guide is CF from the Team Honda/ Martin Racing team, along with their rear brake disc and caliper guards, CF fuel tank is from Cedea/ Pro Carbon (and a work of art), Fork lug cover is from Lightspeed, CF oil filter guard and valve cover (not installed yet) is from CMT. I tried to get CMR to build me a CF rear subframe, but they refused and only cater to the factory teams in Europe. Bike has all titanium bolts, axles, pivots, titanium exhaust, and HRC billet titanium foot pegs from Japan, aluminum engine and fender/ shroud bolts, billet aluminum front brake caliper, and a Think Technologies lightweight seat foam and cross bar pad.  The rear hub is specially machined lightweight unit made for the Geigo Honda team.   I lost 11 pounds so far and bike is as light as my CR250 2 stroke. Looking to lose another pound or so from a titanium shock spring, although my suspension guy is not all that keen.

mike

what does she actually scale in at??

i see there's no vent line on your gas cap

does the tank have its own vent line?

if so i really like that!

looks like you have been busy since you first posted that thing up on here

not much meat left except to get crazy like a the ttr swiss thats no longer with us

he made all of his engine studs from ti! shooting for a 180lb xr400

oh,

hey i got my hands on a yz250f 2009 stock titanium shock spring 5.4

it was a whopping 100$

it was to go on my brothers 91 yz250, but after testing we wanted a lower rate

by my measurments you can get the yz stock titanium springs onto the 09-12 crf450s

i will be attempting to install it on my 09 in a week or two

shure beats the hell out of a 400$ aftermarket spring

the amount of weight saved will be more than a pound.

Engleracing,

The CRF450 now weighs about 226.8 pounds "wet weight".  If you knew what I spent doing that, and even with the free "unobtanium" I got (Team Honda claims that HRC charges them $5k per single titanium peg) , most would say it is impractical, and not worth it ...and I agree.  A lot of parts are cool but could easily live without. Things like the billet front caliper blew me away and it is something I didnt know I needed and could not live without now. I will do a thread with a more detailed update on the parts soon.

I understand the Kayaba/ Yamaha titanium springs do not fit the large body kayaba shocks well.. that the ID of one end needs to be machined larger. I would like to know if it works as I think the quality of the Kayaba titanium springs are better than the Renton springs. Please let me know how it works out for you.

I know where to get titanium cylinder head studs for the CRF450 but I have no plans as I heard there are issues re the heat expansion rates vs. steel studs. I do have Ti valve cover bolts though.

Yes that fuel cap has vents under the lip around the perimeter. Works great and nice piece.  Machined by the same guy (Ian) that makes the Motostuff/ Geigo brake rotors.

mike

Edited by Tokyo_Tiddler

i see there's no vent line on your gas cap

does the tank have its own vent line?

if so i really like that!

I have a cap similar to his. When I installed my GPR stabilizer their was no room left for the vent line so I bought a vented cap from motostuff.com (formerly CRFStuff,com) and I really like it. They are not cheap though. Mine was cheaper but I have had it for a couple years now

http://www.motostuff.com/honda/body/stealth-vent-billet-gas-cap.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Billet-Vented-Gas-Cap-for-Honda-CRF-250R-CRF-450R-/321319516644?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad022b9e4&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/No-Toil-Industries-Vented-Gas-Cap-Red-For-Honda-CRF250-450R-X-/390847630351?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b00558c0f&vxp=mtr

Engleracing,

The CRF450 now weighs about 226.8 pounds "wet weight". If you knew what I spent doing that, and even with the free "unobtanium" I got (Team Honda claims that HRC charges them $5k per single titanium peg) , most would say it is impractical, and not worth it ...and I agree. A lot of parts are cool but could easily live without. Things like the billet front caliper belw me away and it is something I didnt know I needed and could not live without now. I will do a thread with a more detailed update on the parts soon.

I understand the Kayaba/ Yamaha titanium springs do not fit the large body kayaba shocks well.. that the ID of one end needs to be machined larger. I would like to know if it works as I think the quality of the Kayaba titanium sring is better than the Renton spring. Please let me know how it works out for you.

I know where to get titanium cylinder head studs for the CRF450 but I have no plans as I heard there are issues re the heat expansion rates vs. steel studs. I do have Ti valve cover bolts though.

Yes that fuel gap has vents under the lip around the perimeter. Works great and nice piece. Machined by the same guy (Ian) that makes the Motostuff/ Geigo brake rotors.

mike

Out of everything you have listed done to the bike, the billet caliper is the one thing that excites me! We need more pictures of this whole thing though. Get that new thread started. 🙂