drz400sm upgrade brake questions...

Just curious whats the best rotor to go with the Brembo 4 pad caliper upgrade, thats readily available. can't seem to find the QTM/Brembo Rotor i want. was thinkg using a Beringer rotor if it fits. and will the beringer 100mm radial caliper work with the QTM Brembo adapter?

what are people currenty running since most threads regarding this subject are from 2009ish. thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Just curious whats the best rotor to go with the Brembo 4 pad caliper upgrade, thats readily available. can't seem to find the QTM/Brembo Rotor i want. was thinkg using a Beringer rotor if it fits. and will the beringer 100mm radial caliper work with the QTM Brembo adapter?

what are people currenty running since most threads regarding this subject are from 2009ish. thanks in advance.

The 320mm Braking SK2 Series (WK055L) might also work. Could not find the 320mm QTMI or Brembo rotor online either.

• Like 1

pretty killer setup. you gotta tell me how that setup works when you got it up and running. and where did you find the 16x16 master? Is it the RCS 16 brake master or is it the normal Brembo 16x16 radial master. I couldnt find the RCS 16 for brake only for hydro clutch side. and one last thing is when you complete the set up how is the brake line set up since the stock goes up and over then down to the caliper and from images ive seen the brembo master banjo bolts up from the bottom atleast on the RCS version does i think and not the side. thank you, you have been a lot of help.

ps is that a 46 on you number plate?

Edited by HooliganNation

I got the brembo 16x18 from some company on eBay. When I get home I will find out the vendor. I will have to figure out what to do with the brake line. Your right it will come from the bottom. I don't think I will have a problem but I will see sometime soon. Yes I threw some Rossi numbers on it. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1417549882.573084.jpg

I got the brembo 16x18 from some company on eBay. When I get home I will find out the vendor. I will have to figure out what to do with the brake line. Your right it will come from the bottom. I don't think I will have a problem but I will see sometime soon. Yes I threw some Rossi numbers on it. 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1417549882.573084.jpg

Thanks for the info, i really appreciate it. 16x18. Ive seen those, I got my numbers mixed up.

thanks again.

and nice bike.

Edited by HooliganNation

• 2 months later...

I am running an RCS 15, QTMI backet and rotor, with a Super Duke Caliper I custom ground myself, works great. I had issues with the Cycra handguards and installed the Woodcraft guards for roadracing with a shorty lever, I will probably install a full sized lever now.

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

where, how and when did you get the qtmi rotor. is it made by brembo? i couldnt find one anywhere, even my braking rotor was getting a lil hard to find then i lucked out.

how did you route your brake line i have a stainless line for the stock master and caliper. i was gonna just custom order a spiegler line but if the stock length works ill stick with that. but the spiegler is a nice line. thanks.

Edited by HooliganNation

buy the braking rotor. its just as good. i have the brembo on one and the braking on the other. i dont feel a difference..

• Like 1

where, how and when did you get the qtmi rotor. is it made by brembo? i couldnt find one anywhere, even my braking rotor was getting a lil hard to find then i lucked out.

how did you route your brake line i have a stainless line for the stock master and caliper. i was gonna just custom order a spiegler line but if the stock length works ill stick with that. but the spiegler is a nice line. thanks.

mine has HEL lines and they fit super easy. i have a brembo master on one and the stock on the other. i wanted to get the 15rcs but i didnt NEED it so i didnt spend the $300. i think i'd rather buy a power commander and exhaust for my fz...

• Like 1

mine has HEL lines and they fit super easy. i have a brembo master on one and the stock on the other. i wanted to get the 15rcs but i didnt NEED it so i didnt spend the $300. i think i'd rather buy a power commander and exhaust for my fz...

right on. do you have any pics of your MC set up? just tryna look for ideas on how I would like to route my line. peferably the CR style i guess. but i dont think its possible with all the stuff in the way. thank you much.