2008 Husqvarna TE450 exhaust glow

It does this at iddle or at part throttle with bike stationary.This is the injection model.

If throttle is opened a fiew times egt gows down.

What is this?Lean mixture at iddle and constant/part throttle,or timing retarded in those conditions.

Can see no logic for the engine management to keep so lean mixture on iddle and/or so retarded timing.Maybe there is some tech involved but in automotive  this is not normal.

Also:the cooling hoses under the radiators pass just near glowing red exhaust.Previous owner of my bike wraped the hoses in alu protection,but i see factory did now woryed about hoses and 900 deg celsius at less than 1 cm near a rubber hose.

IMG_5067.JPG

hose.jpg

Maybe i am the problem,maybe this bike just looks nice...Your bikes do the same?

Did anyone bought a diagnostic tool for this model?

Regards,

Edited by pasbogdan

I will ride it,hope will not regret my old 450 orange bike 😉

It should not be designed just for full throttle.In hard terrain(trial like)air is not passing on exhaust or radiators(that is why bike has the 2'nd cooler running all the time and the factory one when switch operates)

Regards,

Edited by pasbogdan

Today i got my first 30 min ride with the bike.All good except 2 things:

If you idle 3 or 4 seconds looking for the way you will go and you need to get the front wheel up or slide the rear of the bike when let the clutch and power on gas it sometimes pops into intake and stalls.If one or more gas bursts before clutch letting are used it has no prob.Seems to me way to lean on low rpm.Or it has to light "flywheel" mede for cross not enduro(it does like a 450 crf honda i rode years back)?

Also when riding standing on pegs on bumps and constant gas(you can not keep the throttle 100% stationary) in the low,low-mid area of the throttle it is to sensitive.If the load is bigger on that revs it is fine.If load is not present or light load you are always like gas,brake.gas brake.

On automotive this looks like throttle position sensor not linear.

I am used to carburated 2004 450 exc model that was different bike compared to this.

Din anyone had these problems?Can this low/mid area of power band be adjusted with some tool(ibeat like)?Or i bought wrong bike thinking it is an enduro tuned and the bastard is a cross acting one,the bike has no problem if you just ride it full throttle all the time.

Thx,

Did that first time i unloaded and started the bike.Looked if bike has the"power up mode".It has o2 sensor plug,arrow exhaust and looked for harness o2 sensor resistor and found this in one plug:IMG_5128.JPG

Is this the one?near the frame,under fueltank left side of the bike.

It sounds like either the fuel map is incorrect or being effected by sensor readings or the timing is off. In either case it's not normal and should not be happening. Heat like that will hurt top end life. You can check the valves for correct gap but they would need to be waaaaay off for it to cause this issue.