350 exc-f tire size

What is the recommended replacement rear tire size for the 350exc-f? Stock is a 140/80-18. I ride 90% trails. Considering going with a 100/110-18 IT mx tire. Any suggestions or feedback? Thanks in advance.

The 100/110-18 is perfect. Not sure what their thought process was on running a 140... Just have to decide if you're going to stay the technically legal DOT route or not! I run the Pirelli Scorpion MX (Not DOT) for desert and single track trails with great success. Tire after tire they last forever and great bang for your buck! It's amazing too... if you're trying to stay "legal", a dremel can make just about any tire DOT legal  ?

I like the 120/100-18 size. I've run the XCMH but have been using the Maxxis Desert IT lately and like it. It lasts a long time and is good (for me) in the varied terrain I ride.

The wider tire gives me better traction in the tight stuff on the hills. It wont corner as well, they say, but I can't tell the difference.

Only the 21" front is DOT legal.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14844/i/pirelli-xcmh-dual-sport-rear-tire

http://www.pirelli.com/tire/us/en/motorcycle/sheet/scorpion_xc_mid_hard.html?url=%3Fsubtype%3Doff-road

I have since replaced the tire but I could have sworn it was DOT as it is advertised.

Edited by KennyMc

To the OP… I went with the Bridgestone 403/404 combo. 80/100 – 110/100 because like you I’m 90% dirt. I find the bike handles much better than it did stock as it’s easier to turn (due to the profile of the back tire mostly) and traction is night and day better. I’m somewhat of an aggressive rider and ride woods with lots of granite rock, tree roots and forest mulch. Bottom line is I setup the exc as if it were only a dirt bike. When the tires wear out I’ll just buy new ones.