Registering a 149cc or less "Motor Driven Cycle" in California

Hi All and thanks for any info. I have a 1980 XL 100 with a 99cc engine that I have registered as a motorcycle. From the CALIF. DMV website it states 3 different types of motorcycles : Motorcycle , Motor Driven Cycle ( 149cc or less and California vehicle code 405 ) and moped.  I can not find any current info on CVC 405. My registration cost is almost as much as my Harley Road King.

Does anyone in California have a 149cc or less motorcycle registered as a motor driven cycle or know anything about this designation. I went to my local DMV today and they could not find the motor driven cycle designation.

Thanks.

Hi All and thanks for any info. I have a 1980 XL 100 with a 99cc engine that I have registered as a motorcycle. From the CALIF. DMV website it states 3 different types of motorcycles : Motorcycle , Motor Driven Cycle ( 149cc or less and California vehicle code 405 ) and moped.  I can not find any current info on CVC 405. My registration cost is almost as much as my Harley Road King.

Does anyone in California have a 149cc or less motorcycle registered as a motor driven cycle or know anything about this designation. I went to my local DMV today and they could not find the motor driven cycle designation.

Thanks.

Since you haven't gotten any answers here, try posting this question in the TT regional discussion area.  There is a Cal. sub-forum there.  Maybe someone there has some experience in getting that type of registration.

BTW- Welcome to TT!