Thumper Talk DRC bracket

Since I already had the DRC kit all I needed to do was install the bracket. No modifications needed, just remove and replace. I use the stock turn lights as well, the bracket has mounting for them also. Thank you ThumperTalk.

Thx for the order and feedback! 👍 For those that aren't sure what this is all about:

https://thumpertalk.com/shop/DRC-Edge-2-LED-Tail-Light-Holder-Bracket-Only-US-Spec-by-ThumperTalk-p2006835404.html

Hmm,  whats that exhaust you have on there?

Stock exhaust, I didnt like the sound of the open pipe (like that from the previous owner). I cut some metal and added an opening to send the exhaust gasses out the bottom. I have been stopped and asked about it at stop lights. I am working on a stock end cap replacement.

Edited by tjamscad
  • Like 2

Hey Tjam,

Looks good. I just did the exact same thing. Also have stock end cap removed from the stock exhaust....and was struggling to come up with a good solution that sounded decent, was open enough for the 3x3 and jetting, looked cool, and was a USFS approved spark arrestor (old screen had been gutted on my pipe when I got it). Ended up going with a supertrapp billet end cap,  along with  the  6 disc kit. Running 5 discs which is more open than stock and still USFS approved for spark.  Picture below shows my new DRC tailight/bracket along with my end cap. Took some fabrication and mod for the screws and such...but could tell you how I did it if interested.  Also, a few good posts on the subject in the forum already...some easier than others. 

Happy riding! 

edge11.jpg

supertrapp.jpg

Edited by DougBurgoyne

Ended up going with a supertrapp billet end cap,  along with  the  6 disc kit. 

I thought about that, but I have access to scrap and a machine shop. So it wasn't that big of deal. I am working on a bolt on option no modification needed. I might look into the supertrapp cap too.

Edited by tjamscad

Lucky, wish I had a machine shop handy!  Just FYI,  the bolt spacing for the 6mm bolts in the supertrapp end cap and discs line up perfectly to the 3 existing holes in the stock exhaust end!  One reason it makes it an easy add on. Just needs to be open up a bit on hole size in the discs (3 of the 6 holes only). I just did some extra little mods for aesthetic reasons only, so all bolts counter sink better, etc.   All with a grinder and drill press.  Oregon is very tight on USFS approved spark arresters,  that is really why I went with supertrap instead of billet end cap, home made,  etc.  I'm sure you will find a great solution, and have fun with it! 

Nice looking design for end cap. How did you come up with hole size?  Looks a bit small compared to flange size, especially if running 3x3 and jetting...just don't want too much back pressure. Although, since you have the machine shop,  you can always bore it out a bit until you find the sweet spot for backpressure and noise,  right? 

Actually, That is the stock hole opening size. I hope to make it so that the end is replaceable for sound and future mods. Since the stock bike already has an end cap on it, I should need to do any extra work there. The extra work will be in sound vs performance for those that want to keep a clean stockish bike. With all the new requirements for sound and spark suppresent these days.