FMF 2 stroke sparky

Can somone tell me what "type" of spark arrestor the FMF Q Stealth uses? Is it some kind of internal baffling, screening or the same turbine core thats in the turbine core 2?

I'm thinking of replacing my KTM300s stock muffler that currently has an Enduro Engineering screen type on it. Its bad about the screen clogging up.

Thanks

Edited by Trailryder42

FMF calls it a turbine core, it's basically a piece of metal that twists around, it has very little to 0 affect on performance and the spark arrestor never really needs service, you do still have to repack the muffler occasionally as you do with all mufflers. It's a much better design than any screen type spark arrestor. Sure the Leo Vince is cool looking but there's no way I'd sacrifice the reliability for the looks on my personal bike. 

All the FMF sparkys use the "turbine" design. They do make your bike run fat so you need to jet leaner for them. They seem to last forever. The Turbine core sparky on my 2006 250 was originally on my 2001 250. I don't use it all the time because I ride a lot on MX tracks but still, it is going on 15 years old. 

Can somone tell me what "type" of spark arrestor the FMF Q Stealth uses? Is it some kind of internal baffling, screening or the same turbine core thats in the turbine core 2?

I'm thinking of replacing my KTM300s stock muffler that currently has an Enduro Engineering screen type on it. Its bad about the screen clogging up.

Thanks

I had the same issue,I started using a propane torch to clean the screen every other ride,its fast and you don't have to take it apart.(in case you didnt already know)

I like how quiet the stock exhaust is.

Edited by ADAM_3rd
  • Like 1