Big bore 125 2 stroke to 250 2 stroke

I was wondering how big of a jump in power there is between a big bore 125 to a 250 since my 125 recently grenaded it's motor so I've kinda been looking into my next bike and wanted some input.I ride mx and trails every now and then.Any help appreciated.

big difference in power but that doesn't mean you can't ride it. 250 two strokes are not for beginners but they are not this mystical creature that takes a wizard to ride it. If you buy one just take your time getting use to it. The same is true with a 450 or a 500 as well. None are beginner bikes but anyone can ride one. The biggest thing about any bike is figuring out which one suites you best.

big difference in power but that doesn't mean you can't ride it. 250 two strokes are not for beginners but they are not this mystical creature that takes a wizard to ride it. If you buy one just take your time getting use to it. The same is true with a 450 or a 500 as well. None are beginner bikes but anyone can ride one. The biggest thing about any bike is figuring out which one suites you best.

Depends on the 125 he had and the 250 he is looking at.  Most modern 125's put out 35 hp and most 250s put out 45 hp.  So 10 more hp or roughly 30 percent more power.  That is noticeable.  I would not say its a difficult bike that takes a wizard to ride lol.  Its a popular bike and a lot of people ride it as its so versatile. I had a few 250 2t's and really enjoyed them.  My favorite was the last gen honda's for their handling.  

What it boils down to is 1. it has more power and 2. you have to learn to control it.  It would be a great bike to have and do it all compared to the 125.

Will he use all the power?  Probably not and honestly who cares.  Most people cant ride a 125 to its potential and in the end it is about having fun and a 250 does a great job at that.

Depends on the 125 he had and the 250 he is looking at.  Most modern 125's put out 35 hp and most 250s put out 45 hp.  So 10 more hp or roughly 30 percent more power.  That is noticeable.  I would not say its a difficult bike that takes a wizard to ride lol.  Its a popular bike and a lot of people ride it as its so versatile. I had a few 250 2t's and really enjoyed them.  My favorite was the last gen honda's for their handling.  

What it boils down to is 1. it has more power and 2. you have to learn to control it.  It would be a great bike to have and do it all compared to the 125.

Will he use all the power?  Probably not and honestly who cares.  Most people cant ride a 125 to its potential and in the end it is about having fun and a 250 does a great job at that.

i see you read my post but did you comprehend it. We are saying the same thing. He has enough experience and is ready for a 250. They are not mythical and do not require special skill to ride. No wizard needed is what I said. Same goes for 450 and 500. I do not support people getting a big bike too soon and feel most people will not only be faster but have more fun if they pick the right bike for them. Some guys that means a 450 or a 250two stroke. Doesn't matter just find the bike that fits your style and skill. I found the 450 to be tiring but I am not a short shift rider and don't have the skill to ring out a 450. Now I ride a 250f and a 350. Both suit me very well. 350 a little better because when I screw up a corner it has the bark to correct with little effort. My point is a 250 sounds good for this guy he just needs to feel it out a bit after he gets it.

I have an 07 cr125 that used to be big bore till it blew up but I'm kinda looking for more power but I'm still gonna keep the 125. I've been looking at the 2015 yz250 or maybe a used one haven't decided yet.

if you can find a clean one buy used it is the same bike back to 06 less new plastic. I saw a 2013 in my area for 4800 just about a month ago. Nice savings on used but they are hard to find really clean.