Why you bring someone with you to buy a bike:

Jebus...that's nitpicky. But I will agree. Slightly dirty air filter may filter better.

No, a dirty filter will not flow at the same rate as a clean filter, the filterability coeffient will rename constant but mass air flow will decrease as the filter fouls...unless you guys ride in magical dust allowing your filter foul and flow the same???

You read the funniest shit on the internet. Lol

No, a dirty filter will not flow at the same rate as a clean filter, the filterability coeffient will rename constant but mass air flow will decrease as the filter fouls...unless you guys ride in magical dust allowing your filter foul and flow the same???

You read the funniest shit on the internet. Lol

Lots of food for thought here. So are you saying that as the foam media fills with foreign particles, filtration efficiency remains constant? Do you understand the function of oil in a foam air filter? Hint, it's not to lubricate the dirt.

And how is that? Like I said a dirty air filter does nothing to hurt a bike. People have this idea that if an air filter is dirty, it allows dirt in when in fact it only cuts down on the amount of air. If it does that, the bike runs more rich and that is never hazardous to the bike. But like I said people can see a clogged oil filter is bad, which it is. Think about it before your react and reply.

But as I said I'd never try to sell a bike with a dirty air filter and yes it is a bad reflection on him. But.... Read first paragraph again ?

What's your definition of dirty? To me an air filter in this condition just indicates poor maintenance on the rest of the bike.