2008 IGNITION ON 2007

I cant remember if the 07 had the shift selector on it or not. I don't think it did/does. If it does, the box is pretty much the same. The other issue might be the plug on the wire harness into the box.

The shift selector on the 08 just retards the ignition timing in first and second gear a little to prevent you from spinning the rear tire too easily in the lower gears. If you unplugged the shift sensor, it makes the ignition think the bikes in 3 or higher all the time and you get full advance/power all the time.

No, the 07 does not have the shift selector.

The parts fiche is deceiving. It shows a picture of the shift selector switch in the crankcase schematic for the 2002 through 2012 but 2008 is the first year to have it

Ah, so I wasn't seeing things. 

So no way Jose'.

I had an '08, sold it for a "new"  KTM. 

WHAT A HUGE F'ING MISTAKE!

I tried two KTM's: worst gdam bikes I've ever owned.

So now I'm looking for a fresh '08, but I found an '07 with 11 hours on it, so it seemed like a good question.....!

Ah, so I wasn't seeing things. 

So no way Jose'.

I had an '08, sold it for a "new"  KTM. 

WHAT A HUGE F'ING MISTAKE!

I tried two KTM's: worst gdam bikes I've ever owned.

So now I'm looking for a fresh '08, but I found an '07 with 11 hours on it, so it seemed like a good question.....!

Sorry to hear that man. I remember how long and hard you looked for a clean 08, and the one you bought was super fly.