Eline Guards; Worth it?

I've heard mixed things about them. I just bought a new 150 and the pipe sticks out a lot at the side, and I know I'm going to end up mangling it. (I already have dinged it in under an hour of ride time).

I've heard of Eline's breaking on first impact, or bending the pipe into an unusable shape in small impacts. At $140 It's almost the cost of a new header. What's everyone's experience with them? Is it worth my money?

Thanks.

Im running the eline carbon fiber guard and have been pleased so far. Ive taken some nasty direct impacts and, although it left an ugly white fibrous scratch, has protected my header thus far. P3 has awesome reviews so when the time comes I'll give them a try. Regardless of which guard you choose, make sure to periodically remove the guard and clean all surfaces really well. Otherwise rocks/sand will start scratching and rusting the pipe. 👍

Considering I've never dented a header, I'll go naked and pay to have it fixed or fill it with water and freeze-fix it myself and keep my $ for gas to go in the tank.

Seriously?  You have never dented a header.  ?    I can't go 2 rides without a little ding,  and once or 2X a year I get dinged pretty good.  Perhaps you ought to come ride with us for a few days,  I need to see how you accomplish this magic!

• Like 1

11 years with a 520.. Nothing. Ridden in all kinds of terrain. Just 25 hours on the 500, nothing yet. Personally I don't know how you do dent one. Of course I just cursed myself...

Some of us ride 2strokes, doc. Picture a tuba bolted to the bottom of your bike. 

• Like 1

11 years with a 520.. Nothing. Ridden in all kinds of terrain. Just 25 hours on the 500, nothing yet. Personally I don't know how you do dent one. Of course I just cursed myself...

ah - 4 smoke,  that explains alot.  XC-W 300 & 250,  nuff said.  But vyou are right on my Husky 450,  never dented it, kaw 300 or DR 350s either,  completely different !

Eline is garbage compared to p3. 

My Eline guard ripped in half.. it started tearing through the carbon fiber at the hose clamp by the exhaust springs, and over 6 months tore through.  Eline replaced it, but the rep emailed me begrudgingly, "Hope you enjoy the new guard.. but those two years of abuse is pretty substantial on any pipe guard because they all will break." 

Whatever dude!!  I don't feel it ought to be necessary to buy a new guard every few years.  Why should I spend the average of $60 a year on a pipe guard?  I'd just go without it and buy a new pipe after three years rather than a new pipe guard every two years. 

• Like 1