Valving question

Newbie at valving theory.  Working my way through the Race Tech Bible, but have question.

Does valving change per rider weight, or does weight only impact the springs you should use??  I've got an 08 YZ 295 that was sprung and valved for a 185 lb rider. I weight 230 and have recently put in new springs for my weight.  I'm curious if the valving would necessarily need to be changed just because I am heavier??

In my particular case, it will likely need to be changed regardless, because the p.o. was a fast B woods rider, while I am a C rider in the woods who occasionally likes to venture out onto the track.  I'm just more interested in the general theory.  I am either going to have the valving done at a shop, or give it a shot myself in the near future.  Recently had my suspension apart due to leaking seals, changing the springs, and cracked free piston. Wish I had pulled the valving apart and measured what was in there, but I was in a hurry trying to get ready for a hare scramble.

Edited by TN Dirt Rider

Depending on how it is set up, valving for a fast B woods rider might be a good woods/MX compromise setup.

C level woods to MX is one of the more difficult compromises IMO, depending on the type of woods.  A C level setup for technical woods often needs to be quite soft/plush, which makes the MX difficult.

Makes sense. In my case, track riding is very slow and I just do it because I like to try to hit some jumps. If I can keep it from bottoming out hard I'll be happy.

The trails around TN are quite varied. About the only things we don't have are sand and desert rocks. A lot of technical ST, rocks of all sizes, trees, traction of all variety, hill climbs, water crossings.....

Going to ride some, both hare scramble and some track and then maybe pull the stacks apart over the winter.