Headlight & speedo with CRF front end on xr600

That is a good question, I am in the same boat right now. I'm in the parts gathering phase of my usd swap and I am hung upon what triple clamps to buy. Regular crf 450/250 R triples are very plain jane and so far the only way i have found to attach a stockish headlight shroud is to use one that fastens with rubber straps around the fork tubes. The crf450X triples however have mounting tabs off the front that appear to be for mounting the shroud, odometer and such. My issue is that my bike is all black and I have been unable to source a black headlight shroud for a crf450X, I have only found red and white in the stock configuration.

I may throw a post on the 450x page and see if those guys can provide some pics of how the light mounts up or other options they have figured out since on that forum everyone is already running usd's and a headlight.

Being a cheapskate all I did was form a shaped bracket for the speedo to hang off the top triple out of a hunk of alloy,,The stock headlight I simply attached with cable ties..It's cheap and works. Problem being with the normal XR headlight rubbers is they are to short to go around the CRF top tubes,,Some rubbers from some other CRFeey type bike may work in place of the cable ties..