Unabiker Radiator Guard Fitment?..

Have any of you used the afore mentioned radiator guards on an '02-'04 YZ with a Clarke 3.1 gallon tank? The questionable section being the rear brace that attaches to the tank bolt and it clearing the (right side in particular) over size tank. I had a set of Works Connection rad braces that worked with the stock tank, but the Clarke was an interference fit, and the Unabiker guards have the same sort of rear brace set up. Called the sales guy at Unabiker and he said he had used the guards with an IMS tank, but had no first hand experience with a Clarke. Said to send him pictures and he could give me an "educated guess" as to if they would work. Sent a picture of both sides, but haven't heard anything back yet. So thought I'd ask here in hopes someone knows for sure, yah or nay.

I don't have first hand experience with them on a YZ with a Clarke tank, but I have them on mine with a stock tank.  They barely fit with a stock tank, and are a total pain to fit up.  Read up on these and you'll see that there are several fitment complaints.  I bought mine about 1.5-2 years ago, and they had just redesigned them.  Unless the design has since changed you'll have to do some work to make these fit no matter which tank you're running.

• Like 1

Thanks! Probably end up going with the Devol guards that I first looked at. Buddy of mine has them (Devols) on his '05, says they fit with no problems no matter what tank he uses (he's an eBay junkie and has tried several different tanks  😏). Unabiker ones looked a lot beefier, but don't want to deal with a Dremel and hammer fit.. 

Edited by OLHILLBILLY