Eat Your Heart Out Ken Roczen!

These bikes if reliable could redefine what we expect from a 4 stroke , light yet very powerful , when some 250f are struggling to get 37 hp at the back when ktm is claiming around 10 more , that's insane and never heard of since I have been riding , I can remember early 80 bikes

Unless they stopped the steel from flexing its likely going to give the same feel that he complained about. Unpredictability at speed due to flexing, general public doesn't ride fast enough to really notice this IMO

ALL frames flex. Every last one of them. Each brand is different and has a unique feel that a rider is comfortable with or not. That was KR's point and it is very understandable at that level. I doubt he gives a rats a$$ about what KTM is doing. He will be just fine.

• Like 1

Unless they stopped the steel from flexing its likely going to give the same feel that he complained about. Unpredictability at speed due to flexing, general public doesn't ride fast enough to really notice this IMO

They changed the frame and flex according to the article. New frame, engine, forks, and shock is pretty impressive.

Since KTM has a Factory model, they could stiffen that frame for pros and leave the flex more suitable for the typical buyer of the SX line. If the frames are different, I don't know.

Weights in press releases are always suspect. Is 226 lbs dry? No oil or other fluids? Either way, it looks like they knocked off a big chunk of weight.

You guys don't think Kenny knew this bike was coming out?  I bet he had the chance to ride it before he made the decision to switch.

That's what I would have thought too, but it sounds like the departure was pretty well telegraphed, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny actually wasn't given a chance to ride it. I don't have any information to support that, but I know I wouldn't be letting him too near it if I knew he had a foot out the door already. 

Be nice to know the real story for sure.

Edited by MediumDriver
  • Like 1