Nationally Legalize Lane Sharing/Splitting

• 1 month later...

Too many idiots riding bikes these days.  There are enough body-parts donors providing doing their part to keep emergency rooms busy.

Legal lane splitting would increase the inventory and take away the big $$ for transplants.

Kidding of course

There are plenty of Youtube videos of dangerous examples of lane splitting.  traveling at twice the speed of the traffic around them.

Too dangerous in my opinion, but what would I know.. I've only been riding 35 years

Lane splitting scares me. I understand in stop-and-go traffic that it helps somewhat, but most places don't have such traffic. Salt Lake City almost never sees stop-and-go.

That being said, people who don't care for lane splitting still won't do it, and the idiots doing it illegally will still do it regardless of the law.

I split lanes like a slalom course, both shoulders too. The only time i dont split a lane is around commercial trucks because i drive one and i respect them. Cinco boy is right im gonna keep doing it either way but it would be nice to not have to outrun the cops . Though id probably still do that too