Trans side of bike

Just changed my trans oil side of my 2004 crf250r and noticed that I had alittle metal shavings in it has anyone had this prob bike runs great and looked at the clutch and is good got the bike used so don't know any answers thanks

I noticed the same thing recently. Very small particles that were barely visible. I got mixed responses (as to whether it was normal) after making a thread about it here.

Anyways I tore down my engine to replace the crank and noticed the countershaft bearing was very rough and the mainshaft bearing was a little rough, so I am thinking the bearings are the culprit.

That being said it could be a number of things I was told it could be clutch basket and/or plate particles. 

Craig-keep in mind that the only contaminants in the transmission oil come from the gears or clutch. If you saw brass shavings in your engine oil then it would the crank. I suspect it is aluminum from your clutch basket so check it for notching first.

Edited by Dklassen

Thanks I will look at that for sure its not brass its small steel parts and it makes me worried bec I always had a 2 strike and had a buddy blow up a clutch in my bike and wasn't pretty inside the engine when I opened it up it was like a bomb lol I just bought the bike so don't know if it's from wear or old past riding from the last owner that's why I'm always iffy about buying a bike used

Should I be really worried and tear it down I opened it up and didn't see any major wear or anything bad should I ride if for a bit and change the 80w trans oil and see if it's better or not and tear it down and look at it as a major problem there is no slip in the clutch too and when opening up the clutch side didn't see any steel when I was lookin and whiping it just the last little in the last little bit of trans oils had it in it... Thanks again guys