What is the oldest bike you currently own?

'48 Vincent

I'd like to see it

Back in the late 70's in North Jersey I had a chance to buy this guys 48 Harley, I think it was a panhead. 80% restored with a sidecar. It had a Bud tap handle for the suicide shifter. He wanted 3K for it but I was looking for a street bike not a show bike.

Edited by AXAxiom

Funny part is, the bike was free. I got it and a '63 Benelli 125. Neither ran (and still do not). A friend of mine (I was about 13, he was late twenties), the bikes were his dads and just 'cluttering up his barn.' We pumped the tires up and I pushed them the three miles to my house. My parents were livid! His neighbor had a Bugatti Royale that had been his grandfathers. He knew nothing about the car. Neither did I in 1972. It is worth a few million today. The Vincent was just outdated junk when I got it. It is a parts bike, that one day i"ll probably sell. Most likely when my dad passes and all of us kids have to take our stuff out of his barn. I have dibs on the Kubota!

I was being facetious, what is it?

No worries. It's a CB400T. Was gonna do a stripped down cafe bike, but it was too nice. I left it stock. Not much power, but makes a great commuter scooter. The "man toys" I traded, I had about $300 invested and hadn't touched in 25 years. It was a good trade for both of us. I currently only have $1600 invested in everything. It's not perfect, but looks great from 20 feet away:D
  • Like 1