2004 TTR125L helicoil issues

I bought this TTR125 a few months back for my sons first dirt bike. I didn't realize it at the time of purchase that the spark plug has a heli-coil sleeve on it. It was only when I went to replace the spark that I figured that out. I've noticed some gas that has come out from the spark plug area when we start the bike. This would explain the low compression issues we have with it when starting from cold.

Is it possible to use some gasket maker around the helicoil sleeve to make it an air-tight fit? I've never done a helicoil tap before so I don't know the ins and outs of it. Also, is it normal for the helicoil sleeve to pull out with the spark plug?

'Sealant' probably will make a bad problem worse. Low compression probably is not the heli-coil but the valves or rings.

Helicoils work for spark plugs if the plug is not removed all the time. The stress of being tightened and loosened eventually make the heli-coli come loose. Time to source a replacement head with fresh valves, at a minimum. Thought I'd do the jpb right and do rings, perhaps a piston and barrel replate along with a new cam chain and tensioner..

Understand a lot of people never take care of things and sometimes do not even realize their neglect. It is the next owner that often discovers this.