Tubliss users: Sealant or no sealant?

I have been running Tubliss frint and rear for over 5 years now. I ran sealant for the first three years because it was recommended. It was always a messy job to change tires and I still got puncture flats when running "standard" tires. I now run "heavy duty tires" usually designed for desert terrain. They have thicker carcasses which prevent punctures and allows you to run lower pressures ( read 0-4 psi) without issue. IMO, this is the only way to go with Tubliss.

I have been running TuBliss for 3 years. Ran them with MX51 and MX71 tires. I ride offroad. No MX. I used slime on these tires. I did get puncture leaks. Slime would seal the small holes and had to resort to a plug one time. I have now switched to the Dunlop AT81 one tires. I installed slime in these tires. No punctures leaks so far. If I continue to run these tires without puncture leaks, I will probably not use Slime in the future. IMO the Slime is not that messy. 

Just did the rear, using slime and boy was it messy!!

I weighed the Tubliss and the Bridgestone ultra heavy duty tube that I replaced, and there is a 3.5 lb difference!!  (Tubliss being lighter of coarse) I expect the front to be about 2-2.5 lb lighter.  More than I thought.  That will surely be noticeable.

Edited by RiderX